𝟒𝟒 - 𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐠

𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖'𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙗𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙬, cracking open an eye she saw the familiar white snowy owl and her mouth stretched into a smile.

Bouncing off of the bed she jumped to open the window to let Hedwig inside, she flew onto Ophelia's arm who gently carried her over to the desk for her to perch on, pulling out some mice that Binx had killed she gave them to her as a treat... a rather gruesome treat but nevertheless a treat all the same.

Pulling the letter out of her beak, she saw Harry's familiar scribbled handwriting spelling her name.

Hiya Phee,

I tried to send you a letter to your house but Hedwig came back with it, but Ron sent a letter saying you were staying with him and his family... so I got Hedwig to go to the Burrow instead.

Yeah.... I've been fine, missed you loads... hate it here, the only thing that keeps my chin up is this weekend when I get to see you again, the nightmares have been getting a bit angrier, he's frustrated about something, no idea what it is about, maybe because he didn't get to kill me like he wanted.

I can't wait to see you, Dudley reckons you're made up, that you're not really my girlfriend, told him I would bring you round to prove him wrong.

I bet you're all cooped up with the case, you're going to nail it.

Let me know if there are any updates about him, I'm desperate for anything.

Love Harry

Ophelia grinned, she couldn't wait until she saw Harry, two more days to go until she could spend time with him again and mug off Dudley, grabbing a piece of parchment and a pen she began to write her response.

Harry,

I hope this finds you well, still no news in regards to what you wanted to hear, unfortunately, I have a gut feeling it's on purpose, hang tight, it'll be alright.

Make sure you have your wand on you at all times, don't be out late at night, don't be stupid and stay safe, I'll be planning on bringing you a couple of treats since I last saw you so make sure you're hungry.

Dad and Snuffles are worried about you, as is everyone, especially me.

I don't want you getting hurt, and I know you're capable of looking after and taking care of yourself but the last thing I want to hear is that you let your guard down for a moment and something happened. I miss you tremendously, I honestly can't wait to see you and tell you what shit I've had to put up with, but obviously I'm sure you're already getting a gist.

I can't wait till this weekend!

Love Ophelia

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in." she called, scribbling down the first couple of sentences.

"It's only me," said Hermione quietly, walking into the room with a bag on her shoulder, which she put down by the bottom of the third bed in the room, Ophelia lifted her arms up to hug her, which Hermione graciously did so, squeezing her tightly.

"Oh, Hedwig!" said Hermione, pulling out a letter she had written for Harry, "Do you think she'd be able to send mine too? I was going to borrow Pigwidgeon from Ron."

Ophelia stroked Hedwig's fluffy and silky feathers affectionately, "I'm sure she wouldn't mind for an extra mouse or two, and besides, I think Pig is at Harry's now... you're very early, Mione? Thought you weren't meant to get here until 11?"