𝟕𝟔 - 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲

𝙄𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙚𝙨.

In fact it was probably the best "five minutes" of Harry's life so far, being half-asleep in dreamland with the embodiment of the girl of his dreams in arms reach as she snuggled close to him was by far the highlight of his week, even if it was short-lived.

She shifted in her slumber, her nose squishing against the skin on his cheek as she came to rest against him, her gentle wheezes was heartwarming, to say the least.

Which is why he was so angry when Snape came into his line of vision.

"Mr Potter." He said loudly, enough to startle Ophelia awake much to Harry's dismay, he was enjoying her being so close after so long of being without her, Snape however didn't care for Harry's yearning heart and appeared bored by it. "Clearly you inherit your father's blatant disregard for the rules, surely you must know that visitors are not allowed to stay longer than, ah let's see, four hours-"

"Oh shove off Snape," said Ophelia grumpily, her voice heightened and nasally from her being ridden with cold, "We get it, you're involuntary celibate... but you don't have to take it out on us for having a nap for christ-sakes."

Snape quite nearly rolled his eyes at her cheek.
"I would appreciate it if you lost your attitude, Miss Le Fay-"

"And I would have appreciated if you had knocked before you came in, what if I was naked? Hmm?"

"Oh dear Merlin." Groaned Snape

"No!" Said Ophelia a little louder "What if I had been in the nude? Where were you raised where they didn't teach you the common decency of knocking?! Honestly... for a man who's constantly going on about tardiness and perfection and drive you'd think it'd cross your mind to knock-"

"One more word out of you Le Fay, and I'll be sending you to detention with Professor Umbridge."

Ophelia shut up instantly, though the glare in her eyes was predominantly evident, Harry beamed up at her.

"The both of you are to go to the Dungeons immediately without any detours, if you do, I will find out." Said Snape, turning on his heel and with a flourish he left the hospital wing.

"What's like he's got his own "greasy glossary" or something the fuck?" Grumbled Ophelia, sitting up she immediately leaned back down,
"My head is the ninth circle of hell... and hey it's even got dead people tap dancing in it."

Harry chuckled, his hand grazing over her forehead as he brushed the hair out of her eyes, she was right, it was feverishly hot and her lips had gone pale too.

"I think you've got flu now." Said Harry looking down at her features as she stared up at the ceiling.

She ran a hand through her hair, as it finally dawned on her, she pinched her lips into a thin line and let out a shaky breath through her nose. Yet he caught the glossiness of her eyes instantly, his emerald green eyes turned sad as he thought of the possibilities of what could be bothering her.

"What's wrong?" He asked gently

"I've lost it all." She whispered her voice trembling as she couldn't help the tears that came, "I spent weeks on that impeachment... I hand wrote everything... why was I so stupid? Why didn't I charm it or make another copy? God what was I even thinking? Thinking I could take on the Ministry on my own..."

Harry put his hand in hers, "You were thinking of making the world a bit better than it was given to you, to make it better bit by bit, and sure, this copy is gone... but what if Hermione can fix it? Since when did you ever back down from a fight? You are singlehandedly the most influential person of our generation, you make us all want to be better and you make me want to be better for you because this world doesn't deserve someone as good as you, I don't deserve someone as wonderful as you are, yet you continue to give us your time of day.... you're not stupid Phee, far from it, this isn't a setback, it's a stepping stone... one I know you'll overcome because you're Ophelia Le Fay." said Harry, squeezing her hand as she looked up at him, she smiled softly up at him, the smile alone made him feel as warm as a night by the fireplace.