𝟏𝟒𝟖 - 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐤

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧.

If you looked at Ron and Ophelia side by side as someone who was a complete stranger you might've remarked that they made an odd-looking couple; Ron who was tall, lanky, ginger and covered in freckles beside Ophelia who was short, womanly shaped, obscenely blonde with scars littering her skin.

If you did know them, chances were you knew that they in some aspects were platonic best friends, both of them had an incredibly soft spot for the other — Ron would worry about her more than most people and Ophelia would ground him with kindness and compassion — neither of them seemed to understand where their friendship had stemmed from but they imagined it was because they were both in one way or the other was in love with the other's best friend.

And, even more surprisingly, they made an incredible duo at tackling Snatchers — it seemed that while Ophelia was around Ron had the confidence needed to take risks he wouldn't usually — knowing 10/10 she would have his back no matter what.

See, on their adventures trying to find Harry and Hermione again they realised that their efforts were futile and decided to make themselves useful by dismantling smaller patrols of snatchers by tracking their movements and using their wits to outsmart them, there had been quite a few close calls, both of which Ron and Ophelia would come out discombobulated and laughing covered in bruises and scrapes but feeling a lot better, they hopped between safehouse making sure to get them whatever they needed and helping any that came across their path along the way.

By this point, Potterwatch had caught onto their movements and were reporting sightings of them every other day -- it seemed that even though they were making waves in terms of making names for themselves Harry and Hermione had yet to reach out or do something with the information broadcasted, they tried to avoid talking about them as much as they could.

Ignoring the space in their lives meant they could only enjoy each other's company and trust in one another's movements.

They drove about the country, shades on, blasting muggle music which they screamed along with as though it was a karaoke, they had at one point been driving so fast listening to "Eye of the Tiger" that they had in fact set off a muggle speed camera, which captured Ron and Ophelia mid-song.

They had decided to take pictures of their journey with the pack of disposable cameras, a few favourites were; Ophelia sticking her two fingers up with a cigarette dangling between her lips with Ron pulling a face beside her when she was stuck ankle-deep in mud, the next one was of Ron standing in his undies clutching his bollocks as Ophelia had charmed all of his clothes onto the branches above with her middle finger in the frame, another was Ophelia's stuck halfway between the window and outside when Ron had rolled up the window on her, another was of the two high on brownies they had bought from someone accidentally, there was one of Ron stuck inside of a huge snowman while Ophelia found a huge carrot to put in a vulgar area, the other was of the two of them covered head to toe in blackish brown flobberworm mucus that looked like tar after dealing with an infestation where the both of them were sat with beers in hand smiling a tight lined smile at whoever was taking the picture. In fact, it was rare for there to be a picture of Ophelia where she wasn't throwing some obscene gesture.

Soon they decided that it would also be nice to take pictures of them helping out people along the way too, in between being clumsy idiots, such as Ron stirring a pot of beans wearing a hair net, Ophelia plaiting a girl's hair while a queue formed, a couple of them were actually published on the Order's map where some members turned up to speak with them to see how they were doing, the one that got the most attention was the picture of Ron and Ophelia standing side by side with the both of them battered and bruised after getting into a rather rough altercation with a bandit group that tried to rob a couple of refugees, they looked a little worse for wear but still managed to crack a smile through blooded lips and scuffed up faces.