𝟑𝟕 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤

𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜.
He hadn't seen hide or hair of Ophelia or Hermione for that matter and the fact Ron hadn't either set his teeth on edge.

How could they lose two humans?

"Harry calm down, I'm sure they just slept in or something-" said Ron, though his tone disagreed

"Really? Hermione almost never sleeps in and Ophelia gets woken up by Hermione almost every day for school. It just feels so off-"

"They'll turn up though eventually, they always do. Probably been gossiping about us like they normally do." Said Ron, pulling his hat further on his head.

"You reckon?" Harry asked, turning to Ron.

Ron nodded, "Yeah course, now come on let's find Neville."

They found Neville waiting by the dock for them, shifting from side to side awkwardly as he looked everywhere, Harry thought to himself that Neville was terrible at acting inconspicuous.

"You're sure about this Neville?" asked Harry as Neville handed him the slimy weed.

"Absolutely." Neville responded confidently.

"For an hour?" said Harry, stowing it into his pocket.

"Most likely." Neville responded, confidence weaning.

Harry did a double take, "Most likely?!"

Neville stammered looking between Harry and Ron who looked particularly panicked indeed.

"Well there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater."

"Bloody hell, water is water, what is the difference?" said Ron rubbing his forehead.

"I just said," Neville said blankly "One is salty one is fresh..."

"You're telling me this now? You must be joking." said Harry annoyed.

"I just wanted to help." said Neville frowning.

"Well that makes you sight better than Phee and Hermione. Where are they anyway? Have you seen them?"

"Not since last night," said Neville, looking down towards Harry he added "You seem a little tense Harry."

"Do I?" Harry responded back quickly and rather sarcastically.

Standing on the platform beside the other champions he waited for Dumbledore's speech which would no doubt come soon no doubt.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own." said Dumbledore's booming voice.

Then it dawned on him.

Ophelia.
She's in the lake?!

Beside him Mad-Eye commanded him, "Put that in your mouth."

Harry did as he was told and shovelled the gillyweed in, it was disgusting, absolutely vile in both taste and texture and he was regretting even bothering.

"You may begin at the start of the cannon."

The cannon booms, and suddenly Harry was pushed into the lake.