𝟓𝟗 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢 𝙩𝙤 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩, as they huddled together to get towards the gateway.

Harry was positioned in between Lily and James for the first time in his whole life, he didn't realise how emotional it would make him, having his parents walk him to the platform but he realised after glancing up at his father that he too was having the same feelings. With a teary smile, James squeezed his son's shoulders reassuringly pushing on with the trolley with a slight sniffle, his hand over the top of Lily's as they ran in between the barriers.

Disappearing from Ophelia's line of sight, who was dealing with the same thing with her mother who kept asking if she needed anything or if she had forgotten to pack anything to let her know and she'd send it in an express owl as soon as she could. Upon stepping onto the platform Ophelia noticed that quite a few people were staring at her in awe, a starstruck expression plain on their faces as they smiled and waved at her as she passed, she'd return the gesture politely while Remus nodded in return.
Someone even went as far to clap Remus on the back.
"You must be dead proud having a daughter like that." Said one of the fathers, as Remus nodded

"You have no idea." He said with a proud smile as they moved closer to where they needed to be, about a meter away from The Grangers who gave them a brief hello and congratulations to Ophelia, even going as far as to hand her a box.

"We thought we might as well get you something for being such a shining example of what our future could be!" Said Mrs Granger, as Mr Granger was talking with Remus in hushed tones, "I remember Hermione saying you spoke french and that you even went as far as to teach her it so we bought you a couple of things last time we visited,"

"Thank you! That's really kind of you!" Said Ophelia, hugging Mrs Granger as she put the box into her trunk.

"Well if we ever get in trouble with the Ministry of Magic I know who I want as my lawyer." Said Mr Granger

"Dad—!" Exclaimed Hermione in embarrassment, "I'll see you on the train, Phee? Yeah?"

Ophelia nodded, as she and her small family found a quiet corner behind one of the steel beams. Gwen was quite teary, as they settled into their little nook, as Remus did his solemn duty as her father to remind her to stay in touch.

"Remember," began Remus, leaning closer so they weren't overheard, "No funny business, we're trying to keep a low profile, make sure you stay out of trouble-"

"Trouble normally finds me dad." protested Ophelia as he straightened her coat on her shoulders, "It isn't usually avoidable and besides, I'm a Marauder... junior addition."

Somewhere away she heard James' distinct voice shout "DAMN STRAIGHT!"

"Well, just...try very hard to avoid it anyway." said Gwen, adjusting Ophelia's bag strap on her shoulder, "I want you coming home in one piece at Christmas, me and Molly are already making preparations for the dinner, we're going to have one really big family Christmas, all of us together... Me, Lily and James wanted it to be really special this year, so... make sure you're staying safe, or I'll actually have to start disciplining you properly."

Ophelia nodded as she scratched under Binx's chin through the gap in his carry case, as Gwen handed her the black knapsack from yesterday, it felt heavier than the day before.

Ophelia gave her mum a brief perplexed look as Gwen jumped to explain what was in it, quite anxiously Ophelia noted as she kept fumbling over her appearance, tidying up her hair in her hairband or by adjusting things she thought were crooked, like a mother bird pruning her nest.