𝟏𝟐𝟎 - 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝙐𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙜𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙡, in fact not being able to go back to how things were with Phee were grinding him down somewhat making him particularly irritable, she had resigned herself to not saying much of anything and retracting within herself which very much reminded Harry of the same Phee from first and second year, the very same one that could blend into a background.

But that was not the case anymore, she was no absent-minded wallflower.

She was Ophelia Le Fay one of the most famous witches of their time in addition to being the most beautiful thing most boys had ever clasped their eyes upon -- it seemed in his absence many of them had grown a pair and would approach her with the hopes of rekindling something but she would politely explain she was in a relationship, not that it got farther than that because by that point Harry had seemingly materialised out of thin air making quick work of them with a pointed territorial glare -- eventually, she'd taken to letting him sit with her legs in his lap but that was as far as it went, he would reach over to try and console her whenever she looked particularly glossy-eyed but even when he would hug her she would remain vacant and lost as though there was a gordian knot of a dilemma unfurling behind her eyes -- all he wanted to do was cut it in half to free her from her torment but she had completely shut down.

He looked to Hermione for answers but she was no use, "You need to find your own way to make it up to her, she was really hurt that you went over her head like that -- I think it reminded her of what happened at the Ministry, you went over her head then too."

That shut him up.

By the second day, he was at his wit's end at not being able to get through to her, he hastily wrote a letter to his dad and Sirius asking quite anxiously on what to do about getting it back to normal, he obviously excluded important details such as the house-elves and the Malfoy thing but their reply came back quite hurriedly in the beak of an exhausted Hedwig who flopped on his pillow as he unfurled the letter.

Dearest Son,

I have to say I was surprised to learn that you and our darling Ophelia have had a falling out, I expect that if she's resigned into herself to the point where she is barely speaking to anyone let alone you that someone must've said/done something that she is having a hard time processing.

Remus said as such, he also said that you're best off apologising to her with a well-thought-out and well-meaning gift of some sort, Gurdy (fake name for Gwen) suggests carrot cake and hot chocolate the recipe of which has been enclosed. She'd also like to apologise for not being able to make it herself but dear baby Hope has wiped the both of them out -- while Joffrey and Laila (also fake names) have also begun their own attempt at getting their own place, I've explained that they're more than welcome to live here for free but they've insisted of getting out of my hair which I would happily shave off if it meant I'd have their company permanently.

Though on the note of answering your question, my suggestion would be to find a quiet spot where the two of you won't be interrupted and just hash it all out, Ophelia is quite straightforward so you'll have no trouble getting right to the root of the issue.

Something you have to learn the hard way sometimes is that you don't always have to agree on every little thing, you are each your own person, there is that muggle phrase -- you can't talk white into being black or was it reading between the lines... something about books and pages, i would ask Remus but he's recovering from his transformation and is no use to anyone right now.

Remember that if it is indeed you in the wrong that you cannot be offended by anything she has to say, take it on the chin and within your stride -- you love one another enough to know that it comes from no place of hatred or malice but of hurt -- bringing along a sweet treat and some flowers would do nicely as well (I suggest making both yourself, pick your own flowers for her girls love that)