𝟕𝟏 - 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, with everyone tip-toeing around both Harry and Ophelia, the latter of which had taken to zoning out whenever she was forced to be in a room with him, still hurting over the conversation at the scrapyard, feeling extremely lonely though she was surrounded by family and friends.

Harry paid attention however, he wanted to know what was going on behind those entrancing eyes of hers, since he couldn't talk to her he had to go off of guesswork.
And he realised he was terrible at it.

The Marauders had discussed coaxing the two of them to speak to one another again, after discovering via eavesdropping that the two of them had indeed broken up, but at the protest of their wives, who were heartbroken at the sight of their children separated, said it was best to leave it until they were prepared for that conversation.

However when Ophelia was focused on something to do with the Ministry, she put aside her human needs and proceeded to concentrate only on what needed to be done.

Drafting an impeachment and suggestions for the new Minister of Magic was not fun and most definitely challenging, there were specific things that needed to be brought to light and there were also things that were particularly important that needed digging out from under the rug and dusting off.

Gwen and Remus came to realise the true extent of Ophelia's resolve as she spent a whole day cooped up in her room, they had finally gotten wind of what was wrong between Harry and Ophelia and they thought it was that, and truthfully it partly was, but they were almost surprised to see her sat on the floor of her bedroom with papers spread on the floor, with legal books stacked all around her, propped open with various items and bookmarked in importance order while she sat cross legged writing up the draft by hand.

Hermione had come down from the room they shared with Ginny as they spoke in hushed tones on late on Christmas Eve to the boys.

"She's adamant on getting rid of Fudge and Umbridge in one big takeover... an impeachment... I don't know if she has the... momentum she did before." Said Hermione, swilling her tea in her mug.

"She's got to right?" Said Ron, "She's the youngest ever to bring a convicted criminal set free for innocence... that's got to count for something."

"But you're forgetting the Ministry's smear campaign against her, she's pushing against a wall that does not want to be moved." Sad Hermione, "She's thrown herself into it, and with everything she's put into getting where she is... to lose it just like that... it'd crush her."

"Then how do we help her?" Asked Harry, very much wanting to avoid that fate.

"I'm not quite sure... she's so stubborn that telling her to stop will only make her try harder and we can't do reverse psychology on her... she too smart for that. We have to disprove all of the Ministry's lies... bring forward the truth outside of what Ophelia is doing." Said Hermione, making cohesive gestures as she spoke, "It'd be futile if it came from her, everyone already knows she stands by you Harry regardless of what has happened between you... Dumbledore has said his piece... I think you need to say something to help discredit the Ministry."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed, "How do I do that? The Daily Prophet twists anything I say into their stupid narrative... it'll only make things worse."