𝟏𝟑 - 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙮 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙡𝙛.

Through no fault of his own, yet she pulled her friends behind her as the great hulking figure settled in its form, attempting to shield them as best as she could.

Hermione pushed past Ophelia's arm, trying to rationalise with the beast. Ophelia knew this was a mistake, they're an only danger to humans, and all four of them were considered human, and incredibly mortal.

"Hermione, get back here. Believe me, you need to get back."

Hermione ignored Ophelia's insistence, she took a cautious step towards the werewolf. The wolf form of her dad whimpering slightly, like a wounded animal. Though looking into it's golden eyes Ophelia couldn't recognise her dad, instead, she took a step closer to Hermione, preparing to pull her back when things took a turn for the worst, which they most likely would.

"Professor? Professor Lupin?"

The wolf snarled, it's head tilted back as it began to howl in the moonlight, it would be a splendid sight to see behind the safe walls of the castle, but given they were so very exposed, Ophelia felt as much in danger as the rest of them.

The wolf settled on his paws once more, edging closer to them as the predator that it was, just at that moment, Snape emerged from the Whomping Willow, not appearing to notice the giant hairy beast that so desperately wanted to sink its teeth into something.

Instead, Snape reached Harry, grabbing onto his shirt. "There you are, Potter-"

Looking over their faces, he sees their terror, at that moment he turns around. Ophelia manages to shove Snape back-in-time but not in time for herself, as the werewolf's claws went through the flesh in her arm.

A sharp yelp of agony escaped her lips before the shock could set in.

"Ophelia!" Harry screamed, lunging forward to pull her back away from it, blood seeping onto his jacket as he brought her close to him again on the ground beside him.

She didn't dare look down at the horror show that was her open and exposed flesh, she felt the warm blood oozing out of her skin and down across her hand.

Soon everyone was covered in bits of it, as she scrambled to put pressure on it. There was no pain to describe what she was experiencing, bright white spots began appearing in her vision, but it didn't stop her from seeing Sirius lunging at Remus again.

The two of them fought like the dogs that they were, Sirius managing to lead Remus away somewhat to give the group the means to escape, though Harry chose to ignore it. Running after Sirius, who had been thrown somewhere down the hill.

Harry threw a stone at the werewolves head, it's attention now back on him. It stood on his hind legs, preparing to strike Harry down, but in the distance, a noise pulled it's attention away.

A wolf howl?

A wolf howl.

"It only responds to the call of its own kind", he recalled Hermione saying in class.

The wolf scurried off, leaving Harry with the opportunity to rescue his godfather.

Meanwhile, Ophelia managed to pull herself to her feet, almost completely passing out, feeling someone grab ahold of her good arm attempting to pull her away.