𝟏𝟓𝟗 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

AN: So here it is. The well-overdue Battle of Hogwarts chapter. I do apologise for the wait, it was unfinished and needed touch-ups before I was happy with the final product, though I suspect there may be some imperfections that might need tuning up. 

This whole part of the book will be split into three parts, because a lotta shit is gonna go down and this chapter was long enough.

With that being said, pacing will be a lot faster in this chapter, simply because I need to cover a lot and very quickly... so I do apologise for anything that might seem a bit rushed but I was trying to create a sense of adrenaline while reading and have yet to find out if I succeeded. 

I'm sorry for baiting and switching recently, I've had a personal tragedy in my life that completely commandeered my plans for posting when I initially wanted to, I was going through it and truth is I still am but seeing you guys comment and vote truly does make my world seem a little brighter.

Which leads to my next point, thank you. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so kind and so patient with me and with the story, I hope that I live up to your expectations and my own... thank you for every comment, every vote, every reaction, every message and for every page you've turned it means more than you could know.

And I'm sorry once again. For breaking your hearts. I hope you can forgive me.

Warnings: this chapter contains descriptions of death, grief, violence, warfare and all that come within the bracket -- and obvious warning -- MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH.

I suggest being somewhere warm and comfortable while reading this.

You have been warned, now please enjoy the fruits of my labour. 

take care, 

all my love

Fran x

Dawn rose eagerly to illuminate their destiny, yet Ophelia had watched it's entire pathway into the sky envying its ignorance of what was to come.

Oh, how she wished to be a star also, just blissfully burning away until it expanded and then imploded in on itself, now that she pondered it more she realised that she was closer to a star than she had initially thought.

She didn't sleep, didn't even try.
The thought of waking up to this day was something that made her stomach turn, instead, she sat on the beach watching the sun slowly crawl into the sky, listening to the waves crashing on the sand.

Everyone had risen early in anticipation of the day, dressed appropriately for what was to come, very few words were exchanged through tight-lipped half-smiles that were tinged with a common anxiety. A bountiful breakfast had been prepared by a distracted and concerned Gwen who had stirred awake sometime when the sun was about to rise, Ophelia heard her as she cooked, could smell the food as it was prepared and while there was plenty of it most didn't have much of an appetite.

"Eat, line your stomachs, it'll help give you energy for what's to come," came Mad-Eye's gruff voice from the doorway, a pipe resting in his gnarled lips as he puffed it thoughtfully. "Le Fay, may I have a word?"

Ophelia rose from the sand, dusting her behind and legs free of the grains with a lazy flick of her wrist, she approached Mad-Eye steadily until she was a couple steps from him.

Arms folded across her chest she gave him a look that simply gave him permission to speak.
"I'll save us both some time and cut right to the chase," said Mad-Eye as he focused both his brilliant blue magical eye and his own on hers. "Today we need a leader, someone to make difficult decisions at a moment's notice, someone whom everyone looks at as a sign of authority, of hope —- Harry will be the one to slay Him today but you will be the one to win this war."