𝟐𝟏 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐮𝐩

Cold air bit at Ophelia's ankles as she and her father arrived at the Burrow a couple of hours before Dawn, the dew was wet on her trainers as the pair walked through the thick field of grass towards the Weasley's house.

Prepared with a single backpack thrown over her shoulder and armed with a flask of black coffee to keep her awake so early in the morning, she felt as though she could jump on a broom herself and fly around — she might've put Ireland and Bulgaria to shame.

They would've flooed to the house but given it was so early in the morning they thought the sudden noise might wake up the household and decided against it.

Instead, they caught a bus to the nearest stop to the Burrow and proceeded from there, the walk wasn't terribly long but it was considerably chilly given that the sun had not yet risen over the tree-line.

She had already been up for most of the night making pre-cooked food for both Sirius and Remus to live off of for a few weeks until they had to fend for themselves. After they had cooled she had Remus put a charm on them so they were still preserved well in the freezer, all he had to do was reheat them.

Ophelia had found that the dress she had tried on had given her a little bit of extra confidence to take more pride in her appearance, so she opted on a comfy off the shoulder red jumper and a black vest top underneath, though it wasn't yet seen given she had her jacket over the top.

But she had made a small effort to test the waters of her relationship with her self-esteem.

Remus knocked on the Burrow door very lightly, spotting Mrs Weasley talking to the Grangers in the kitchen she waved her wand for the door to open on its own.

The two stepped inside the warm enclosure, Ophelia finding herself engulfed in Hermione's bundle of hair, one of which she returned with just as much enthusiasm.

"Did you get your dress?" Hermione squealed, though it was very cautiously quiet as not to disturb the rest of the house.

"Yeah, it's brilliant! And you?" Ophelia said, beaming at the thought of her dress in her trunk.

"I got mine, can't wait to show you!" Hermione said enthused, glee pinching her cheeks as the parents watched the exchange with a proud smile.

Remus turned to the Grangers and stuck out his hand.
"Hello there, I'm Remus Lupin, Ophelia's father."

Mr Granger took ahold of Remus' hand and shook it firmly, giving Remus a clap on the back.
"It's great to meet you, Hermione told me a lot about you, said you were a brilliant teacher last year. It's a shame you can't continue."

"Yes it is, Hermione was an excellent student, very enthusiastic to learn new topics which are always great to see, I do enjoy education, but given the circumstances, it would be best not to, thank you for taking in Ophelia for that weekend at the beginning of the holidays, and to you Molly for taking her in today."

"Oh it's a delight I must find having Ophelia around, I imagine she's a terribly well-behaved child." Says Mrs Granger, Mrs Weasley nodding alongside her in agreement.

"You'd think so, wouldn't you? No, she has mischief in her, takes after her mother that way." Remus said as the four adults turned to look at the girls who were quietly nattering away without a care in the world.

"I must thank Arthur for the tickets, where is he?" Remus said to Molly, who waved her hand in the air.

"Nonsense Remus, but if you insist he'll be back in about 30 minutes, I imagine he's just sorting out the last parts of what he needs to do, the Ministry has him working so much these days," Molly said, her lips pulled into a thin line.