three

Lalla and Anakin walk along side Watto as Qui-Gon walked into the store. Anakin had just told Watto all about how Qui-Gon wanted to sponsor him, the little boy lying through his teeth.

"The boy tells me you want to sponsor him in the race" Watto said as the man walked in. He nodded to the kids in greeting before turning his attention to the alien.

"How can you do this? Not on the republic credits, I think, huh?" Watto said, clearing confused how the man thought this would work.

"My ship will be the entry fee" Qui-Gon said, pulling out a device and showing a hologram of the ship. Lalla's eyes practically popped out of her head as she realized if Ani lost they were be stranded here for good.

"Oh, not bad! Not bad! A nubian huh?" Watto said, clearly excited by this deal

"It's in good order, except for the parts I need" He said, making the deal even more important. Good order ship means it's worth a lot more.

"What would the boy ride?" Watto asked, Anakin looked over at Lalla winking discreetly as the girl raised an eyebrow.

"He smashed up my pod last race, it will take some long time to fix" Watto said glaring down at Ani. Lalla snickered a bit at the comment as her brother sheepishly smiled.

"It wasn't my fault, really. Sebulba flashed me with his vents, I actually saved the pod mostly!" Ani tried to reason with the alien and man.

"Mmm, that you did huh" Watto said chucking a bit, "The boys good, no doubts there"

"Well I have required a pod in a game of chance, the fasted ever built" Qui-Gon said with a straight face. In all honesty, Ani and Lalla had no idea if the pod was actually fast or not, but they weren't going to say that now.

"I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it?" Watto asked as Anakin looked between the two.

"So you supply the pod and the entry fee, I supply the boy and the girl for help. We split the winnings, um, fifty fifty, I think, huh?" He said, his grammar making Lalla narrow her eyes a bit.

"If it's going to be fifty fifty I suggest you from the cash for the entry. If we win, you keep all the winnings, minus the cost of the parts I need. And if we lose, you keep my ship. Either way you win" Qui-Gon reasons with the alien. Lalla took in a sharp breath next to Ani, grabbing his hand in anticipation.

"Deal" The alien said slapping Qui-Gond hand. Ani could help but try and hide the smile as Lalla looked down at him with a smirk. He was racing.

Lalla followed her mother quietly as the woman made her way outside towards Qui-Gon. Lalla stayed hidden in the doorway as her mother walked up to the man slowly.

"You should be very proud of your children" The man said in greeting, Lalla smiling a bit at this, "They give without any thought of reward."

"Well, they know nothing of greed" Shmi said, Lalla sitting down in the doorway now, pulling her knees to her chest as she listened.

"They have a- they have special powers." She said softly now, Lalla having to strain to head. Lalla has never told her mother about the 'powers' but she can only assume Anakin told her everything.

"They can see things before they happen. That's why they appear to have such quick reflexes, it's a Jedi trait" Lalla perked up a bit at that. They had jedi traits?

"They deserve better than a slaves life" Her mother said, a sad tone apparent in her voice.

"Had they been born in the Republicwe would have identified them earlier. The force is unusually strong with them, that much is clear" He said before taking  second to think, "Who was their father?"