five

Qui-Gon, Anakin, and Lalla walked through the small city, Qui-Gon leading the way. Lalla knew their mother was watching them walk away, and also knew that if she looked back she was going to stay. She stopped when she heard Anakins footsteps stop. She stayed facing Qui-Gon as he turned to see what Ani was doing. She heard his footsteps as he quickly ran back to give their mother a hug. She felt Qui-Gon  tap her chin so that she looked up at him.

"Go give her a one more hug Lalla" He said as she nodded quickly, turning and running towards the family. She was quickly taken into a hug, their mother kissing their cheeks many times.

"I can't do it mom, i just can't do it" Ani said into her shoulder as Lalla held the woman close.

"Ani.." The mother said softly while looking at her son.

"Will we ever see you again?" The boy asked, his voice breaking a bit. Lalla moved back a bit so that she was kneeling next to him. She looked at her mother, waiting for an answer too.

"What does your heart tell you?" She asked

"I hope so" Ani said softly, "We will come back and free you mom. I promise"

Shmi ran her hand over her children's cheeks giving them both a sad smile, "be brave and don't look back, my loves. I love you very much, both of you."

With this, Lalla took Ani's hand. She looked at her mother one last time before they turned away, walking towards Qui-Gon. Lalla could feel the tears gathering in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away, squeezing Ani's hand tighter. Once they reached Qui-Gon they started walking to the starship again, Lalla wrapped her arm around Anakin's shoulder so that he really couldn't look back.

After a bit Qui-Gon quickly told them to run. Lalla, knowing Ani was slow, grabbed his forearm and pulled him along as they run.

"Qui-Gon sit wait i'm tired!" Ani called out after a while of running. They were close to the ship now, only a few thousand feet away. Qui-Gon turned and quickly shouted drop. Lalla wrapped her arms around Ani's torso and hauled them to the ground. She felt as a speeder went right over them, Lalla picking them up as soon as it did.

"Go! Tell them to take off!" Qui-Jon said to Lalla quickly. Lalla hesitated for a moment before pulling Ani along with her quickly towards the ship. She tried to ignore the sounds of the lightsabers clashing as they rushed towards it. They ran up the ramp quickly, Lalla sending Ani all the way up as she stood out, watching Qui-Gon fight the man. She heard Ani quickly call her name as she finally ran all the way up. She stayed where the ramp was as Ani went with Padme and a guard towards the front.

Lalla launched forward as the ship took off, having nothing to hold onto. She stumbled onto the ramp of the ship, which was still open for Qui-Gon. She shuffled back into the ship again, throwing her bag to the side. She watched as Qui-Gon quickly jumped onto the ramp, running into the ship fully grabbing Lalla while he did and moved her back. He and Lalla laid on the ground, him from exhaustion and her from being pushed back by him.

"Are you alright?" Ani said quickly to Qui-Gon as a man she didn't know kneeled in front of her. She sat up as Qui-Gon did.

"What was it?" the unknown man asked, his voice having a nice accent to it. He had yet to really acknowledge her yet but she was fine with it.

"I'm not sure, but it was well-trained in the jedi arts" The man said, panting for breath, "My guess is it was after the Queen"

"What are we gonna do about it?" Ani asked quickly as Lalla ran her hand through her hand.

"You're going to do nothing Ani" She said, her voice making the nameless man then towards her. She watched as he looked at her face, almost soaking her in.