twenty one

Lalla layed on the couch, her arms behind her head as she watched the speeders in the air. She always loved watching them, it being quite amusing when the pilots started yelling at one another.

"Sometime i wonder what's happening to the Jedi Order" She heard Anakin say from the other couch. She turned her head slightly and looked over at him and Padme, an eyebrow raised.

"I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic" He continued, looking over toward Lalla now as she sat up, swinging her feet back onto the floor.

"Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?" Padme asked, obviously trying to avoid Lalla's glare.

"What do you mean?" Ani asked, Lalla holding in the urge to slap some sense into both of them.

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we've been fighting to destroy?" Padme asked, Lalla scoffing slightly to herself. If only she knew how messed up the Republic had really become.

"I don't believe that"

"Then open your eyes Ani" Lalla finally said. Both sets of eyes moving to look at her now.

"This war represents a failure to listen, on all sides," Lalla continued, "now we are closer to the chancellor than anyone Anakin. I hope you know I'm going to ask him to stop this fighting and let diplomacy resume"

"I won't allow you to" Ani argued standing up and walking toward Lalla. She stood as he approached her, looking up at him as he glared down at her.

"You can't stop me. You know you can't" She argued right back, glaring up toward him.

"Padme, make a motion in the senate where that kind of a request belongs" Anakin said, not looking away from his sister.

"What is wrong with you?" Lalla snapped, watching from the corner of her eye as Padme left the room. She knew what was about to happen, as well did Lalla.

"Nothing" Ani mumbled, finally turning away from her.

"No. No don't do this. You aren't allowed to shut me out like you do Padme" She said, the anger still evident in her voice as she followed him toward the edge of the balcony. He stayed silent as he knew she would continue her little rant, as she always did.

"Why don't you hug me anymore?" She asked, surprising him. He turned toward her, eyes narrowed with concern.

"What?" He asked softly, the word being so quite Lalla barely even heard it.

"w-why dont we hug anymore?" She asked, voice cracking a bit. She was never one to have emotional moments like this, at least since they left Tatooine.

Anakin didn't say anything for awhile, just staring at his sister, his home. He silently moved toward her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into him quickly. Her arms wrapped around his torso so tightly, like she hadn't hugged anyone in years.

Neither of them cried. Neither of them spoke. They just held each other, like they used to every night before bed. They just held each other.

Lalla ran next to Anakin up the states quickly, her hand resting on her saber as she ran. Her eyes scanned the area quickly, Anakin sprinting next to her.

They ran down the hall, Lalla nodding to a commander quickly as they walked through the archway into the Chancellor's seating area. She gripped the edge of her saber tightly as Anakin bent down next to the man.