twenty eight

- epilogue -

"Luke get back here right now!" Lalla shouted, her and Leia chasing after the boy while giggling. Lalla had Leia on her back, the girl holding onto her Aunt's shoulders aggressively.

Luke looked back at them, his large blue eyes and sandy blonde hair making Lalla smile. He smiled back, the gap in his teeth showing before he started running toward them. Lalla side stepped quickly and watched as Luke ran into his father's arms.

Anakin picked him up easily, spinning around with the little boy. Anakin's hair was shorter now, only the top having a bit of length. His smile was wide, him not looking like he had aged at all in the past five years.

"Darling, the kids need to go to sleep" They heard Padme call out, Lalla and Ani turning their attention toward her, watching as she held their newest child, Sabé. She was about a year old now, and looked just like Anakin:

"It's time for Isabri to get to sleep too, my love" Lalla heard Obi-Wan call out. Lalla put Leia down, the small girl running toward her father, Lalla watching her short brown hair bounce as she ran.

The woman walked up to Obi-Wan, her hand moving so that it was resting on her daughters cheek lovingly.

Isabri was six months old, and was truly the light of Obi-Wan and Lalla's lives. Obi and Lalla were both granted permission to marry and have a family by Master Yoda two years prior, and since then they had been happier then ever.

"She looks tired" Lalla said, Obi nodding as he held their daughter in one hand, the other coming up to wrap around Lalla's shoulders. They walked into Padme's Naboo home together silently, C3-PO greeting them as they walked inside.

Most of the time they lived on Coruscant, both still actively working Jedi, as they swore to be. Anakin lived in the apartment with them, and Padme did too most of the time. Although she was no longer a senator, she now was Chancellor Organa's advisor.

The couple walked into Isabri's room, Obi-Wan laying her down gently as Lalla lifted her hand, the crib rocking. She leaned against the door frame, Obi-Wan walking toward her with a mischievous look in his eyes.

Without saying anything he picked her up by the waist, her eyes widening as she was carried through the house quickly, Obi-Wan giggling like a boy again as he did so.

She felt herself get put down on the balcony, Obi-Wan's hand staying on her waist as he pushed her against the stone railing.

"May I ask what you're doing Master?" She asked as Obi-Wan rolled his eyes.

"Do you know how much I love you?" He asked, his expression becoming serious. Lalla smiled a bit, her hands resting on his cheeks.

"I do, and I love you just as much, if not a little more" She said while pulling his face in for a kiss. She closed her eyes, pure bliss taking over her sensing as he kissed her.

"Aunt Lalla and Uncle Obi are kissing again!" They heard Luke shout from behind them, both jumping apart and looking back at the little boy, who was now turned toward his mother that had appeared behind him.

"Baby, what did I say about shouting after quiet time?" Padme asked, kneeling in front of her son. Lalla and Obi watched as Luke crossed his arms, and they could picture easily the pout he was showing Padme.

"Quiet times means inside voice" Luke said after a moment, the whine in his voice obvious.

"Exactly, now you have to get to sleep my love, we leave tomorrow for Coruscant" She said, Luke throwing his head back groaning. Padme gently flicked his forehead before picking him up, the boy not being able to resist cuddling into his mother.

"Stop kissing in front of my children" Padme scolded playfully, both Lalla and Obi putting their hands up in mock surrender.

"Night Lukey!" Lalla called out in a whisper, the child giggling while sending his Aunt a wave. Obi-Wan wrapped his arm around Lalla's waist, her head falling back on his shoulder as he did so.

"Remember when we were younger, and you'd have to sit on my lap during missions sometimes?" He asked, Lalla scoffing slightly as her cheeks turned red.

"Those missions were the highlight of my life back then" She admitted, Obi letting out a loud laugh. She closed her eyes a bit as he squeezed her into him, his thumb rubbing over her side slightly.

"I adore you" He mumbled into her neck, her letting out a soft laugh.

"Glad to know you feel the same way" She replied, turning and looking into his eyes. All those years ago she had no idea that Obi-Wan Kenobi, her Master, would become her home.

She never would've been able to guess how lucky she had gotten.

me writing an epilogue cause i don't want this story to be over 🧍‍♀️

i love these characters more than my family at this point.

but i think this is actually the end now.. :')

i might add on a few more epilogue chalaters in the future maybe even some flashback scenes!!

but for now, that's it!

i will never be able to express my love for this story and for everyone who reads it. I adore you, just as Obi-Wan adores Lalla.

Thank you