twenty five

Lalla walked along side Obi-Wan and Yoda through the white hallway. Her hair was down around her shoulders now, chin up as her eyes stayed cold.

"How many other Jedi have managed to survive?" Her master asked, Yoda sighing.

"Heard from no one have we" He replied hesitantly. Lalla took a deep breath glancing at the floor.

"I saw thousands of troops attack the Jedi temple. That's why I went looking for Yoda" Senator Organa said, motioning down toward the master.

"Have we had any contact from the temple?" Lalla asked

"Received a coded retreat message we have" Yoda replies, Lalla's brows furrowing a bit.

"it requests all Jedi to return to the temple. It says the war is over" Senator Organa explained. Lalla scoffed lightly as Obi-Wan looked between the three.

"Well then we must go back!" Her master said quickly.

"Shut up, Obi-Wan" Lalla exclaimed without thinking, "you really believe that it would be smart to go back when we have heard from no one? Not even the chancellor? You are more of an idiot then i thought if so"

The four stood in silence for a moment as they took in the padawans words. Yoda let out what sounded like a snort, the three of them looking toward him. Lalla easily ignored the confused look at Obi-Wan's face.

"Suggest dismantling the coded signal, your master does" Yoda said to the girl, his eyes scanning her blue ones for answers.

Lalla just nodded, looking toward Obi-Wan as her finally wiped the look of disbelief from his face. She didn't even try to take a sympathetic look as he just sent her a little nod, letting her know it was okay.

"A little more knowledge might help us" Lalla said, agreeing with Yoda. Obi just nodded the three of them continuing to walk. Lalla glanced at Yoda and then back to Obi-Wan, taking his large hand in her own.

"I've received a message from the chancellor's office" the captain of the ship they were one said, looking back at them briefly.

Lalla sat next to Obi-Wan, her knee bouncing up and down as she watching Coruscant come closer and closer.

"Send it through"

"Senator Organa, the supreme chancellor requests your presence at a special session of congress" A man said quickly, Lalla's jaw clenching a bit.

"I will be there" The senator replies, Lalla resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"He'll be expecting you"

Lalla sat back in her seat, watching as Obi-Wan's hand moved so it was sitting on her knee, forcing it to stop bouncing. He rubbed it with his thumb slightly, her nerves easing a bit.

"Could be a trap" Lalla said after a moment, Yoda and the Senator looking at her.

"I don't think so. The chancellor will not be able to control the thousands of star systems without keeping the senate intact" Obi-Wan replied as Lalla hand moved so that it was resting on his.

"A chancellor would not be able to, but a Sith Lord would" She said simply, patting his hand a few times.

"Hmm. Right your Padawan is, Master Kenobi. Be careful we must. If a special session of congress there is, easier for us to enter the Jedi temple it will be" The Master said, Lalla nodding as he did.

Lalla turned her attention toward the window, watching all of the ships flying quickly. She pursed her lips slightly, looking at the home she had known for the past decade. She had a very bad feeling about today.