twenty seven

"My name is Anakin" The boy replied, glaring up at the Sith. The siblings watched as the man looked between them, then at their hands.

Lalla jumped slightly as Palpatine broke out into a laugh, soon turning into a cackled. Lalla glanced toward Anakin, watching as he glared at the Sith.

"So you think you're so powerful now, boy?" The emperor asked, Lalla glaring up at him as Anakin's jaw clenched.

"I may not be as powerful as you, Emperor, but there is someone who is" Anakin said, his head held high as he squeezed Lalla's hand. Lalla took a deep breath, watching the sith carefully.

"Who would that be" Palpatine asked humorously, not sparing Lalla a glance.

"My sister" Anakin replied, watching as the sith started laughing once again. Anakin turned toward Lalla while the emperor was distracted, sending her a nod.

"I'm going to check on Padme. You've got this" He said softly, while placing his saber on her belt. She just nodded, the confidence from her brother making her confident. She closed her eyes briefly as he kissed her forehead before running up the the ramp. She watched for a second as Obi-Wan took Anakin into his arms, Anakin collapsing into the hug.

"So, Skywalker, you think you can defeat me?" He asked, walking down the ramp slowly. Lalla took in his appearance, wincing slightly internally at it.

"The hell happened to you, nasty" She asked, the disgusted look making him frown.

"I would've thought you'd be more polite, Jedi" He said as he reached the end of the ramp, the girl rolling her eyes.

"Well we can't be right all the time can we?" She asked as they began circling each other slowly. She could tell she was making him anger, his yellow eyes staring at her.

She took her saber and ignited it easily, holding it at her side. She watched as his inspected the color, widening a bit in surprise.

"I have to say, I've never seen a white saber before" He said, his hands moving so that they were out in front of his chest. She raised the light saber up in front of her, glaring at him as he started to cackle again.

She watched, almost in slow motion, as lightning shot out of his hands. She grabbed her lightsaber with both hands now, grunting slightly as the lightning hit her. She dug her feet into the metal, sliding back slowly as she pushing with the force as best she could.

Lalla squeezed her eyes shut slightly, calling out to the force as best as she could. Calling for it to help her.

She felt herself push harder into the lightning, her eyes snapping open as she watched the blue light in front of her. She took in a deep breath, pulling her arms back slightly before pushing them as hard as she could into him. She stumbled forward as the lightning stopped, Palpatine stumbling back.

"At least fight with a real Saber, Palpatine" She said, a bit out of breath as she stood up straight, her saber in her left hand.

He bared his teeth at her, grabbing his saber and igniting it immediately. She watched the red light glow, the ground beneath him a dark red while hers was white.

She clenched her new lightly as she bent her knees quickly, pushing off the ground, feeling the force lift her as she flipped backward. She watched a pole come closer, her landing gracefully, holding on with her free hand while watching him push off and join her on the large landing.

She pulled herself up with one hand, pushing off the force and swing her lightsaber at him as she moved higher and higher up the metal, him following. She knew he was struggling to climb with the force, her gaining speed as he slowed down a bit.