Chapter 100- the family grows and with it...family

JIN POV:

It feels like having reached the last stretch of a marathon and seeing the finishing line finally in sight. That's how it feels to bring (Y/N) back home, in a much better physical state than she had been the few days after birth, now as she stepped out of the car, helped by a fretting Kookie by her side, it was with a loose gentle smile, face unclouded with pain.

"I'm fine Koo." She insists, seeing the worried anxious look that seems to have made itself at home on his face these past few days. He hadn't strayed further than her bedside until it was absolutely necessary, leaving and entering her hospital room with a frantic rush so he could get back to her as soon as possible.

And though he doesn't say anything, part of his posture loosens at the strength and gentleness in her voice; at the slightly soft chiding tone that we've come to associate with her fussy voice.

"Let him have it my darling. I don't think it'll be easy on him, he literally can't forget what we've been through." I murmur in her ear, holding her as Kook rushes to open the door now that I've come, opening it to help her in. I smile at the bundled baby in her arms, at the sheer joy and love that is radiating off our youngest soulmate and wife and the way she sighs and leans in to me, a tinge of guilt seeping through.

"None of that either sweetheart. Just...let him be a fussy hen for once." I murmur, pressing a kiss to the top of her head and wrapping my arms more securely around her abdomen, painfully conscious of the new red scar that lies inches below my hold, mind already whirring with the active knowledge to make sure to check it heals well.

She smiles.

"Koo being a fussy hen? Somehow I don't see it." She begins but cuts off at the way he turns to smile at her, stepping back to let the two of us step into the hallway, a gentle warmth greeting us, and a pulse of thick heavy emotions from our awaiting soulmates inside the living room.

They'd all fussed, wheedled and tried to beg their way into staying with (Y/N) the final night at the hospital but she'd put her foot down. She'd shot everyone hard stares and told in a contradicting soft, tired voice that she'd rest better knowing they were home and that our other two children were home as well, home where they'd wanted to be too. And that she wanted to come home to a warm living alive house, with our children there. Not an empty one gone cold with how empty it was.

And then Tae and Jiminie were tripping in their haste to get back, promising fervently with lots of enthusiastic kisses to her cheeks and lips that they'd make it the best, warm house for her to come back to, kisses becoming longer and clingier when the time truly came for them to return home for the night. Hobi and Yoongi had returned on the basis that Joon couldn't be left alone with two of the maknaes; that the two of them would hold the house up and keep it standing, would feed our boys and get our children back home when morning came.

But it had also been the way that (Y/N) seemed to immediately seek out either Kookie or me when her eyes fluttered shut or when she winced in pain, hands gripping on tightly to us- and knew that deep down a part of her was remembering that we hadn't been there when her labour had started, that she felt the need to hold onto the two of us because of that moment of extreme vulnerability. That and the fact that Kookie refused to leave her, eyes welling up at the suggestion that he'd have to leave her side.

So it was me who got to return with three of my babies and watching Kook bend down to help her slip her feet out of her shoes was a gesture that touched my heart, made it clench in pride and love as he squeezed her ankle gently before setting her foot down to do the same to the other. And when he rose it was clear (Y/N) felt the same because she leans in to press a kiss to his lips and murmurs a thanks that has him beaming back at her, leaning in for another peck.