Chapter 75- what's wrong?

(Y/N) POV:

I push the food away listlessly, from one end of my plate to the other, playing with it and not really eating it. After a mouthful or so, I could no longer swallow the morsels- food turning to sawdust in my mouth, feeling like I was chewing through cardboard. Tasteless and stiff. And nauseating to keep down.

I gulp down the water thirstily, allowing the cool liquid to slide down my throat easily, soothing my parched mouth.

And push the plate away from me, the usual enticing smell of Jinnie oppa's cooking doing nothing to rouse my appetite and oddly enough making my stomach churn viciously instead.

A large hand comes to rest on my own, drawing my attention to Yoongi oppa who's sitting on my right. His face is scrunched up with concern, eyes dark and serious as they look at me.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" he asks, a low murmur under the clinking of cutlery and low hum of chatter.

I nod, dredging up a tired smile as I look at him.

"Just tired. I'm going to go to bed early." I reply, pushing my chair back so I can get up- pressing a soft kiss to his cheek before picking up my mostly full plate to put away.

Each step seems to take effort, a deep exhaustion as I trudge out of the kitchen and up the stairs to slowly pull my clothes off, pulling on one of the t-shirts the guys have left in my room.

And sink gratefully into the mattress, falling quickly into sleep.

JOON POV:

I notice (Y/N) leave the kitchen, slow and heavy movements- she's exhausted and I don't need to see the dull edge to her aura to realise that. I worry that she's working herself too hard, that she's pushing away the fatigue just to spend time with us, to smile with us.

I note the nearly full plate she takes off the table and when she disappears up the stairs, the pretence of chatter ceases- replaced with worried gazes and furrowed brows.

"Is she okay?" Kookie asks, turning anxiously to Yoongi hyung, worrying his bottom lip between his teeth, eyes wide and concerned.

Yoongi hyung sighs.

"She said she's tired. And I think that is the case. She looks like she hasn't rested enough." He adds but the frown doesn't disappear from his face, he looks deep in thought.

Jin hyung looks saddened knowing that she hasn't eaten well either, and I know the day isn't far when hyung calls an intervention to sit her down and tell her why self-care must be on her priority list.

The atmosphere is slightly stilted as we all get up, cleaning up after ourselves before heading off to bed- splitting off with who we're going to bunk with tonight. Jimin-ah pads off to (Y/N)'s bedroom, slipping in silently under the covers with her, scooping her close as he settles down. I smile softly at the sight of Jimin wrapping her up properly before I allow myself to follow the other two maknaes.

Tae and Kookie curl into my arms- settling their heads into the crook of my neck either side and when their breaths even out, soft puffs fanning across my neck- I allow sleep to lure me in, away from the niggling worries that something might be wrong.

(Y/N) POV:

I wake up early the next morning, stomach twisting itself into knots, bile rising up my throat. I extract myself from Minnie's arms as gently and quickly as I can before bolting out of bed to rush to the bathroom, throwing the door open and bolting it before falling to my knees in front of the toilet- bringing the little I had consumed up as I heave.

My stomach spasms, emptying itself, the vile taste of bile acrid in my throat and when it finally stops, I drag myself to my feet and clean my mouth out- washing away the bitter taste.