Chapter 76- the start of something

JIN POV:

My heart comes crashing down, crumbling and it takes me longer than it should to send out a message on the groupchat- phone pinging furiously as everyone's worried and panicked messages come through.

I press my phone to my ear, already getting up from my desk and grabbing my jacket- out of the door by the time the phone connects to Yoongi.

"Hyung what happened?" he asks, voice forcefully calm but I can hear the strain in it- the immense control he's exerting to be the calm one in the situation.

My hands are trembling slightly, shaking from where it holds the phone up to my ear.

"I- I-I don't know Yoongi. She picked up, something seemed odd though, and then nothing. Eunwoo picked her phone up and said he was taking her to the hospital." I screech, panic bleeding through my tone which is slowly becoming hysterical as I rush down the stairs and out of the lobby.

My feet rush to my car, throwing the door open and sliding the key in, Yoongi on Bluetooth.

"I feel like I failed her hyung. I knew she wasn't feeling well recently, told her to go to the doctor's but I should've just made her when it first started." His voice comes through, sounding so despondent, that it snaps me out of my spiralling panic and urges me to calm my soulmate.

"Hey no Yoongi, that's not fair on you. We all thought she was just tired, overworked, and you know how stubborn she is. She wouldn't have agreed anyways." I say, voice panging with sorrow.

He sighs, long and deep on the other end of the phone.

"Hyung, I'll get the boys and make my way to the hospital. Joon and Hoseok-ah will be waiting for you when you get to their studios." He says, but we don't hang up. I leave the phone on, reassured slightly by the constant sound of breathing and muttering from his end- a small comfort when everything else seems to be flying out of hand.

Hobi and Joon waste no time in bolting into the car, haphazardly belting themselves in as I drive- anxiousness radiating off the two of them and mingling with my own. Hobi's usual glow has dimmed, flickered out in his worry for (Y/N) and I keep hoping and praying that when we get there, she'll be fine, that it's nothing serious, nothing to worry about.

But the gnawing at my heart doesn't ease, and the bond fails to provide me with its usual comfort- steeped only in nerves and worry and a blankness from (Y/N) which means she still hasn't regained consciousness. Or she's shut herself off.

Reaching the hospital seems to take an eternity, and all three of us dash out of the car, meeting the other four in the hospital hallway- where Yoongi is standing at the reception demanding to know where our soulmate is, voice rising with anger andd panic.

I step up next to him, sliding a hand to rest on the base of his back- watching as some of the tension melts out of him. The receptionist stammers out a room number, shaken by Yoongi's demeanour, before we're rushing forward, hearts in our mouths, to where (Y/N) is.

And when my eyes fall onto Eunwoo's worried pacing outside the shut door, I feel a part of my heart crack- and he turns to us with a palpable feeling of both relief and concern, eyes wide and hair mussed as if he's been tugging furiously at it whilst waiting for us.

Eunwoo explains with a small voice how he saw (Y/N) walking and joined him but she'd seemed out of it, slightly vacant and hazy, losing her balance and stumbling and then suddenly collapsing.

I feel sick, stomach churning and threatning to empty itself. How had things gone wrong so quickly? Why hadn't we insisted earlier that she gets herself checked up? And now we didn't know how she was faring.