Chapter 82- the time has come

(Y/N) POV:

I sigh in relief when I finally get to sit down, the short trek from the car to the living room had made me more winded than the past few weeks, next to me Hobi oppa squeezes my hand reassuringly- an influx of energy entering my body.

But that energy can't push away and abate the persistent backaches, that sharp throb of pain at my lower back which twinges every time I shift, that refuses to let me sit in comfort, or lean against one of my soulmate's without needing to move constantly or help them get me into a seating position that doesn't make my body protest.

I glare at my feet, swollen and aching, and try to bite back the groan of discomfort when I can feel our baby shifting restlessly inside- perhaps just as eager as the rest of us for them to come out, finally into the world. There's a slight shift and Joon oppa is looking down at me sorrowfully from where he's perched on the edge of the couch.

"Is there anything we can do?" he asks, feeling a bit helpless.

And his voice mirrors exactly how I feel, that there's nothing that can be done to abate this heavy weighed down feeling, as my body struggles to manage with an additional weight inside me, pushing and straining my body to help accommodate it as much as possible.

Today had been the last check-up, the next time I'd be going to the hospital would be to deliver our baby, the little bean who had become so active inside me, constantly shifting, and moving- nudging against the walls of my womb.

I craved to eat so many things but now were foods I had to avoid- I missed caffeine, I missed fried food, spicy food and above all I missed chocolate. I had had meltdowns already- one triggered by an unassuming Tae who had come home only last week bearing fried chicken and I had taken one look at the delectable forbidden food he bore and burst into tears. He'd been stricken, quick to rush out to the kitchen and remove it from sight, guiltily re-entering and scooping me into a hug, feet hastening. But it was just bothering me. It was something I couldn't have.

We couldn't even fit into the large shared bed anymore as seven, my grown stomach had made it difficult for us to fit together, all of us bunched up uncomfortably until I'd just sighed and asked Kookie to help me out of bed, sorrowfully trailing out of the room and heading to Kookie's bed instead where he'd wrapped me up in a backhug and soothed me to sleep with his soft melodic voice- singing a lullaby to both me and our baby inside.

There was also a soreness and heaviness across my entire body, my chest had grown- and now sat heavy, filled with milk, and became extremely sensitive. Whilst all of the guys had been quick to reassure me, whisper to me that my curvier frame was something they adored; it didn't make the self-depreciation and insecurity vanish instantly. Dealing with the changes happening to my body took a lot of time and even now I didn't know if I was truly happy with the thicker, curved version of me; developed into a body suited for motherhood.

But the guys adored me. Showered me with their love as much as possible. Doted on me. And slowly wore away at those doubts and fears.

And Jinnie oppa brings forward a tray of food but also someone else with him. A face that makes the dam break and tears to wrack my body, the others shifting to me in alarm- turning from where they're all situated around the living room.

JB oppa rushes forward, hugging my shaking body towards him, cradling my head into his stomach, letting me soak through his shirt with tears without complaint and just holding me. Cradling and rocking me towards him, and even if my back twinges in pain- there's no way I want to move from the security and comfort of his hold. 

When the tears finally quieten, he kneels down in front of me, looking up at me with eyes that have never lessened in how understanding and knowing they are.