Chapter 26- you're not alone

(Y/N) POV:

Night outfit:

The sound of a loud yell was what startled my eyes awake, body reflexively jerking back and away from the source of sound

The sound of a loud yell was what startled my eyes awake, body reflexively jerking back and away from the source of sound. The arms that were around me tightened fractionally, a burst of panic coming from the bond. It took me a few moments to realise that the rest of our soulmates were around us, but I didn't get why they were staring at us in alarm. Me in particular.

I take a quick glance noting that both Namjoon and Yoongi are still closely pressed into me, our bodies fitting together like puzzle pieces.

I sit up, sheets pooling at my waist as I stare at them groggily, confused about the shellshock expressions they're still sporting. As I move to push the hair off my face, my hand accidentally brushed against my cheek a bit roughly, the flare of pain it induced bringing back the realisation that I had a bruise on my face. I froze realising that they probably have caught sight of it, there's no way they haven't.

From behind me the bed shifts as Namjoon and Yoongi sit up, coming to sandwich me from either side and I feel the bare skin of their arms brushing against mine and it sets a trail of delicious tingles across my skin, momentarily distracting me from the inevitable chat that I know is looming over me like a stormy cloud. The skin to skin contact also reminds me of the clothes I'm wearing, more of the lack of fabric clothing my body but at this moment I know there's more pressing issues at mind but also that I don't feel the need to cower and hide from the eyes of my soulmates. There's something soft and intimate about the way I get to see them and how they appear first thing in the morning and the same for them, by covering up or dressing differently to how I truly am would feel like a deception on my behalf. Also, it's a step towards the right direction. A step to accepting everything about each other.

Behind me I can feel Yoongi's large hand press slightly onto the small of my back, a solid reminder and silent reassurance that he's with me, Namjoon's fingers gently trailing down my spine in a soft caress and that's all I need. I know I can do this.

All that confidence flies out the window under Jimin and Hoseok's characteristically bright faces now shadowed by the darkness that overtakes their expression, gazes stormy and mouths tightly pressed. Seokjin is sitting there mouth slightly agape but horror and shock blowing his eyes wide open. Jungkook looks distressed, lips turned downwards as he presses himself back onto Taehyung who's mouth is void of his usual boxy grin but instead looks serious.

Having the combined intensity of all their stares and the emotions that are rolling off them in thick waves is enough to become stifling, but I wait for one of them to break through the thick tension.

"What happened (Y/N)-ah?" Seokjin's voice softly asks, voice a stark contrast to the shout that had woken me.

The boys on either side of me sit in silence, waiting for me to speak, respecting whatever decision I make. But I'm not going to hide it, I don't need nor want to strain the bond by adding unnecessary secrets to our newly finalised connection.