Chapter 97- some bumps in the road

(Y/N) POV:

I hurry as fast as I can to the bathroom, hand pressed to my mouth as if to hold back the violent churning of my stomach, the vicious twists and turns it takes, upending itself. And tug open the door, barely managing to lower myself to my knees before my stomach is emptying itself. I feel tears sting my eyes as the bile burns my throat, curving over the toilet as I'm violently sick. My stomach muscles spasm violently, painfully after it empties itself, yet the retching continues, only bile coming out now.

The tears spill over and course down my heated skin and it's then that I realise at some point one of them had come in, that there's hands holding my hair back and another rubbing up and down my back, the cool touch of their hand soothing and refreshing and seeping through the thin top.

"Oh my poor love. We've got you." Koo's voice comes out soft and deep, slightly rough from sleep as he bends behind me, gently draws me back into him once the retching stops, once it doesn't feel like the slightest movement will have the nausea climbing up my throat again.

I sag into him, drained of energy from the bout of morning sickness, feeling the clamminess of my skin and the twinge of pain in my back that flares up when my body curves.

"I'm sorry, the sickness isn't easing up this time huh?" he says sympathetically, allowing me to remain there in his arms, but shifting to support me better, helping to draw me up to my feet once I make a move to.

"Let's get you back into bed." He says softly once I've finished cleaning out my mouth and have splashed cold water to my face, and it's then I catch sight of Yoongi oppa standing behind Kookie, dithering worriedly and shooting me a small smile, even if it's strained.

"Just a while to go sweetheart. It'll be all over soon." He says once I'm close to him, Kookie's arms a supportive band around me as he helps me forward.

The two of them help me back into bed, pillows coming to support my frame so it doesn't strain my back, so it doesn't make it twinge with pain when I lean back to recline against them, hands coming to rest against the large curve of my stomach.

"Baby's growing restless too it seems." Yoongi oppa murmurs, hand rubbing gently at my stomach, gently delving under my shirt to trace patterns into my skin, feeling the way our baby kicks, a sudden forceful push that has me shifting, expression both fond and tired.

The baby was really restless. It made sleeping at night difficult, I couldn't remember the last time I'd slept peacefully through the night without stirring, whether it was to go to the toilet, or because the baby was constantly moving inside.

I watch as Kookie carefully positions himself next to me, lacing our fingers together and squeezing reassuringly, hands coming to rest on his lap. On my other side Yoongi oppa carefully slides to lie beside me, drawing the thin blanket over our laps.

"Do you want to try and sleep some more?" he asks, his hand resting against my stomach, a nice coolness to his skin that is a welcomed change from the way I'd bolted upright, skin feeling hot and gross and clammy and darted to the bathroom just in time.

I sigh.

There's nothing more I'd love.

But my mind is buzzing, restless because the house is empty of our two children, void of it because the boys' parents had been happy to take them for the final two weeks before my labour. And it was taking a toll too. Fretting about whether they were sleeping well, eating well. Whether they were happy and enjoying themselves even if the daily calls before bedtime were full of chirpy voices and giggles as they told me about their day. I didn't miss the sad sniffle from Hyun Jae as Tae's eomma was talking to me, or the whispered reassuring hush of Dae-Hyeonie soothing his little brother.