Chapter 90- testing two's

(Y/N) POV:

"Dae Hyeonie stop running baby!" I say as I chase after the now toddling baby, who runs away with a joyous shout and excited giggles, head whipping over his shoulder to look at me with shining brown eyes, to see whether I give chase- laughing delightedly when he sees me running after him.

I laugh both fondly and exasperatedly at our two-year-old- at the way he's blossomed into that stage of teasing, toying, and playing with us, more than happy to indulge us with his mischievous tricks.

"Baby..." I whine as I continue darting after him, both amused and huffing exasperatedly at his antics- whilst he's cute and endearing and just a sweetheart, running around naked after his shower is something I didn't envision happening.

And just slightly the thought flashes to my mind on whether his young mind has somehow seen it happen with one of his dads- and if that is the case then it's time for a stern talking-to. I will not allow my son to think it's normal behaviour, best break the habit before it settles. This is after all the fourth time it's happened after I finish bathing him.

But then all of a sudden he stops, turning his wide curious doe eyes- head tilted as he examines me.

I stop at the sudden shift from playing to something else- leaning against the wall as I look down at our mischievous baby.

"Mama tired?" he says, cocking his head and padding forward, face alit with curiosity and a cute frowning pout tugging at his plump lips.

I wonder what makes him draw that conclusion. Is there something in my expression that gives me away?

But nonetheless the mischief slides off his face and an adorably, sweet caring expression replaces it and he pads over, arms lifted expectantly towards me as he comes to a stop in front of me.

I look down and drape the fluffy yellow towel around him, drying up the last trails of water on him, patting him dry before scooping him up into my arms. His arms wound their way tightly around my neck, securing himself and his legs around my chest, clambering onto me like a little monkey.

He peers down at my stomach, at the curved nature of it- eyes glinting with curiosity.

"Baby make mama tired?" he asks, leaning past my face to look down, an unreadable expression on his face.

I smile at the worry in his tone mingling in with that childish innocence, as if he's expecting the baby to pop up any second and wave, even though there's several months to go.

"Yes baby makes mama tired. This baby and this baby." I say gesturing first towards my stomach and then towards Dae-Hyeonie whose lips part with innocent horror.

"Baby bad." He says glaring down at my curved stomach now, eyes becoming damp and then he throws his head forward to nestle in the crook of my neck.

"Sorry mama." He mumbles pressing a kiss to my skin, snuggling in further when my arms tighten to hug him back.

"It's okay baby. Don't worry." I soothe, not wanting to see my baby upset over a comment I made in a half-teasing manner.

And he quickly quietens down, brightening up mere moments later- the quick change in his mood making me giggle with how he seems to reflect my fluctuating moods to. Like mother like son I guess.

And then Hobi oppa steps through the doorway, Yoongi oppa in tow both of them smiling as they peer at the two of us- expressions fond and loving.

"Morning kit." Hobi oppa says before leaning over to press a greeting kiss to my lips, humming happily when I melt into his touch. But the moment is interrupted too soon, too quickly when mere seconds later Dae Hyeonie's loud voice fills our ears.