Chapter 9- the aftermath

BTS POV:

We all gathered into the living room, the tense atmosphere banished by the waves of positive energy Hobi sent out radiating in every corner of the room and easing all of the apprehension that was slowly filling them.

Namjoon pulled Kookie to sit on his lap, large hands going around to cup his waist and pull Kookie tightly into him so there wasn't any distance between them, their legs entangling and Kookie's hand rubbing reassuringly at Namjoon's knee. Yoongi had pulled Taehyung and Jimin to sit on either side of him, an arm wrapped around both of them whilst his fingers lightly stroked at their sides. Hobi pulled Jin to sit next to him, legs intertwined as they leaned on each other. We were all seated in close proximity to each other when it was Jin who spoke up first.

YOONGI POV:

Jin hyung spoke up.

"We're in the same cooking group. But for some reason she's able to be comfortable around Jaebum and Jaehyun but not me. And I can't pinpoint what it is, I can usually read emotions really well and clearly but from her I either get jumbled emotions that can't be sifted through or just pure fear when she's around me..." he looked down and I didn't need to be an empath like him to know he was upset why (Y/N) seemed to fear his very presence.

Hobi stroked Jin hyung's knee and from the slight sag of his body, I knew Hobi was using his ability to boost Jin hyung's morale and energy.

"I got her hurt by accident and then the guy at the café helped her away from me and then she apologised to me for making me upset when she's the one who needed medical treatment." Jimin said, sadness filling the bond, I tightened my hold on his waist trying to reassure him from my touch that he didn't need to berate himself for it. He melted into the touch leaning further into me, eyes downcast.

"I bumped into her accidentally at the mall and she fell into someone else, but she took all the blame and hurtful comments Yuna threw at her. Yuna said (Y/N) was the accident around here but even after all that she told me I didn't need to feel bad." Kookie said, confusion causing him to twist his lips and tilt his head slightly.

Tae flung his arm out, almost whacking me in the face as he wriggled next to me.

"I just wanna be friends with someone who doesn't care that I'm a part of 'the Bangtan Boys'. And she's really smart and always gives challenging new ideas." Tae said, using his hands to emphasise the label we were given, sadly pouting at the thought of having been rejected. Tae was such a friendly person I couldn't see why anyone would reject him. But it seemed like (Y/N) wasn't too keen on social interaction in general. I could relate to her on that.

Namjoon spoke up next flashing an understanding smile to Jin hyung, hands tightening around Kookie as he spoke.

"I'm partners with her for English Lit., she seemed really cute and adorable and I wanted to be on good terms with her at the very least because we're going to be working together. But she sat as far away from me as she physically could on a table for two. But I hurt her really bad when I unknowingly ended up rubbing into her face how happy and lucky, I am to have you all and she, she doesn't have a soul mark." He finished, face dropping into the crook of Kookie's neck as he tried to calm himself down breathing in Kookie's scent before pressing a chaste kiss there.

So, she was unmarked. It was so extremely rare that I don't think any of us could've considered she was hiding a world of hurt behind her bubbly nature. Did that mean she avoided us because we reminded her of what she couldn't have? A soulmate? It made me feel bad, I was regretting waiting for her at work. Confession time.

"I waited for her at her workplace." And eyes widened as they all stared at me, I could feel heat on my cheeks.

"I just wanted to see what type of person she was for so many of you to be bothered by her behaviour. I was expecting someone so cold and emotionless from the way you guys talked about her. But she genuinely cares for the customers, hell she even told me too much caffeine wasn't good for my body and that was the first time I'd met her." I stated. I thought was all, everyone had shared their encounters. But then to my surprise Hobi shifted in his seat and our focus directed onto him.