Chapter 84- new responsibilities

JIMIN POV:

I see the way that our baby fits perfectly into (Y/N)'s arms as if he was already waiting to be slotted into place, as if he had already made his place there. The look on her eyes is tender and so open and loving as she gazed at him, tears spilling over her cheeks and coursing down. But as the rest of us gather around, eager to see our baby and comfort our soulmate- we're all marvelling over him and just as my eyes rise to hers, I see her eyes fluttering, lashes resting against the curve of her cheek as the close and suddenly her body loosens- consciousness slipping away from her.

A cry of alarm slips out of my throat, nearly loud enough to startle our baby but it draws the attention of the others and when they realise what happens- the bond floods with a surge of worry as we call for the doctor, midwife- anyone who can tell us what's wrong.

Her arms are still cocooning our baby into her arms but her head lies lifelessly, motionless against the white pillows.

The midwife comes around to check, doctor in tow as they check her pupils- shining a light in and taking note of all the details of how long and difficult her labour process had been.

"Her body is exhausted so it's shut down to try and recover." The doctor announces, and whilst the news should make sense and sink in easily- I can't stop from reaching out for one of the others to help ground me.

But they don't look any better, the ecstatic joy that had lit up everyone's faces now being clouded with concern for our youngest.

"We should get her washed and moved into the room we had booked." Jin hyung says, stepping up to take responsibility and his hands reaching out to brush the strands of hair off her cheeks- cheeks which are marred with tear stains and sweat; evidence of the physical and emotional toll she had taken giving birth.

The doctor and midwife allow us the time and space to give her a bed bath, peeling away the sweat-soaked hospital gown and wash her sleeping figure with gentle hands, murmuring how proud they are of her as Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung take care of her. All this time Tae who had reverently taken our baby from her firm protective grip is now cradling him close, attention on both him and (Y/N), eyebrows furrowed with worry.

But when we've all shifted into the private room we'd gotten for her, she's still yet to stir and Tae comes forward to bring our baby to lie close, placing him in the crib right next to her even though the rest of us can't bear to stand away from the two, huddling close.

Waiting is a long tormenting ordeal. Our baby has fallen asleep and yet there's no shifting from (Y/N), no stirring or movement and as each silent moment passes we grow closer and closer- gravitating towards each other because of our unified need for comfort.

But there's also hushed whispers of how beautiful our baby is, wondering who he will resemble and I can see that he is the product of the love the eight of us share. He will grow to be the most loved and cherished child in the world.

I just hope that his mother wakes up to see that too.

Come on (Y/N) wake up... there's people who need you. Who are waiting for you.

(Y/N) POV:

There's the feeling of burdensome weights holding me down, making every movement harder and extremely difficult. An ache so deep in me that it seems to wind itself around my soul and act as an anchor holding me down. There's voices that drift in and out like a fresh breeze on a spring day, enticing and sweet and refreshing- urging me to awaken, offering that sweet safe sanctuary within them.

My heart shifts at it, wanting to get closer to the sweet melody and I try to move- even if my body protests at the pain; a quiet groan escaping. The voices quieten and then come drifting to my ears in a clearer, closer volume.