Chapter 38- lil meow meow for the day!

(Y/N) POV:

When Myungsoo oppa speaks, it's like experiencing the pain and agony all over again, heart shredding itself with the loss of Hye-Sun unnie, the wound once again fresh in my heart.

One of my hands are tightly clutched in oppa's and the other is fisted and the other is pressing hard down on my chest as though the pressure will somehow ease the pain, lessen it slightly.

The grip of Myungsoo oppa's hand in my own is grounding me, reminding me that he is well, he's not in that dark place anymore, he's not victim to the shadows of the mental spiral where he'd been able to speak for a long time. He's fine. I'm fine.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad you had each other to help you get through it." Jinnie oppa speaks up, voice sounding so sad but his words ring true. So true.

"Are you in pain oppa?" I ask, voice low so as not to bring attention to myself, but in the silence of the room, my whisper carries.

"Yes..." he breathes, not hiding that the fact that his mark is flaring up with iron-hot flames of grief. I'm glad he's not long since stopped hiding it from me. That on the date of her death, his mark tears him apart. It's another reason why he spends most of the day as Soo-ah.

I hurry to guide him to lie on his stomach, healing energy thrumming under my fingertips.

"Joonie oppa, Hobi oppa, could you hold his sweater up please?" I ask, and both hurry to my side, hands pinning up his sweater upto the plane of his shoulders.

I wince when I see how angry and irritated the mark looks.

The mark is a deep maroon, I know the darker the mark foes from red, the deeper the pain. It looks like its been scoured into his skin, burnt into his flesh.

I press my hands to the centre of his mark, a pair of beautiful angel wings which spread across the entire pane of his back. But he's hurting right now. I can feel the healing energy rush out from beneath my fingers, a soft cool sensation as it seeks to soothe oppa who is heated and feverish.

I spread my hands outwards, gently tracing them across each elegant curve of his mark, allowing the energy to flow through me without restraint- my only intent is to heal, if I end up absorbing his pain to do so, then so be it.

It's a slow careful movement of hands and eventually I can feel his muscles slacken under my touch and then relax.

"Sleep oppa." I whisper, words also carrying the rush of healing magic, words carrying him off into a slumber.

And when he closes his eyes, eyelashes fluttering before coming to a rest, it is only then that I turn to face my soulmates.

JOON POV:

I feel a surge of pride well up inside me at the sight of our strong, caring soulmate looking after her friend, helping him before she turns to us.

The way her body unconsciously acts like a shield for him, body tilting to cover him from view. Its natural, an instinct to protect him when he's in such a weakened state. It brings tears of both sorrow and pride to my eyes.

She has been shouldering such a huge thing on her shoulders, small dainty shoulders which whilst they look fragile are strong and firm in carrying such a burden. She is my living reminder and a constant example that people can always continue to surprise you, that you should never judge someone according to their appearance.

I look at her and see a fighter. I see a survivor.

"We're so proud of you baby." I say, pulling her into a hug, drawing her into my arms to soothe her own frazzled nerves and tell her over and over that I'll never stop being proud, I'll never stop being awed by her.