Chapter 59- comfort comes in seven shapes

HOBI POV:

Joonie and I are walking home, hand in hand, chatting about the day and pointing out things for each other when both our phones chime simultaneously. We stop outside a convenience store and take our phones out. When I see the message is from Kookie, I smile- just the sight of his name flashing up being enough to make happiness bubble up inside me. But that quickly transforms to worry that churns violently inside me, filling me with a nauseous feeling.

Hyung, hyung! Make sure you buy lots and lots of chocolate and snacks and heating pads before you get home. It's urgent! (Y/N)'s been constantly bleeding, it'll help her! x

What does he even mean that it'll help her, if she's bleeding why hasn't anyone taken her to the hospital or helped bandage her up? Why on earth does Kookie think this'll help her?

I stare at the lit-up message with a mixture of panic and incredulity. I don't even realise that I've been staring for quite some time because Joon appears at my shoulder with two laden shopping bags, beaming at me. Why on earth is he beaming at the moment? Doesn't he know what's happened?!

"Come on Hobi, let's go! I got the snacks Kookie asked for!" he chirps, and I stare at him with confusion and horror.

"Joon-ah, didn't you read the full message?" I ask hesitantly.

He grins at me, blissfully ignorant as he pulls out his phone and goes to show me the message, but the smile slides off his face once he does read it properly this time.

His face pales and his eyes are wide behind the frames he wears.

"Bleeding?" he voices hoarsely.

The tension between us becomes thick and cloying and without another word, the two of us rush home, praying that (Y/N) is alright.

----

What I didn't expect was to come dashing into the living room in a mad panic and find everyone in a calm, sleepy daze, the energy is calm and fuzzy.

"What do you mean (Y/N) is bleeding constantly and you need me to pick up lots of chocolates and snacks and heating pads?!" I screech, fear and hysteria coursing through my veins. The room suddenly floods with nervous energy, fear rolling off each of them in energy levels that have spiked from the moment the door opened and mounted when I spoke.

I feel Joonie's body collide with mine, sharp harsh pants of breath filling my air as he peeks over my shoulder. My eyes frantically scan the room until they land on where (Y/N) lies, seemingly asleep, on Kookie who's cradling her close.

The others had been leaning on each other too but had rapidly straightened up.

"What's going on?" a soft mumble sounds, (Y/N). Her eyes languidly blink open.

"I think Kookie has got a bit of explaining to do." Yoongi hyung says, eyes narrowed on said boy who is now looking abashed and embarrassed under the combined looks the six of us fix on him.

Even though hyung's voice is raspy and level, I can feel the nervous energy rolling off him in thick waves.

On top of Kookie, (Y/N) must have taken in the sudden shift in mood, because her eyes become increasingly alert by the second and she straightens herself up, I see her bite back a wince, a grimace briefly colouring her face before it vanishes.

So she is hurt. Hurting.

It's the sight of her pain-filled expression that propels my feet to move, moving past the doorway so suddenly that Joonie nearly goes tumbling. Everyone hastens forward, intentions clear as day- to check if our soulmate is hurting, and then to get rid of the hurt.