Chapter 86- small moments of joy

JIN POV:

When you think that your heart is so full, fit to burst with love- as if it's impossible to love them any more than I do now, I'm proved wrong...again. But I have no complaints. Seeing a six-month Dae-Hyeon have everyone wrapped around his little fingers is a sight that's too endearing and sweet to not stop and gush- even if he's playfully being difficult.

When Tae, Hobi and (Y/N) pointed out that babies focus on facial expressions, that it's one of the earliest things they begin to process- not a single one of us had missed on the opportunity on making silly faces for him or simply just staring at him in awe- he'd always return the look with sweet intrigued eyes, committing us to his memory and chuckling and giggling when we laughed and smiled. When Yoongi had teasingly put their words to the test- pulling a stoic face it had taken mere moments for Dae-Hyeonie's eyes to begin to water and face to scrunch and when the first wail broke out, everyone had swooped in to stop him from crying shooting Yoongi exasperated looks- even as he backed out with raised hands and a gummy apologetic smile.

When Dae-Hyeon had begun to make gurgling, mumbled sounds of garble- all of our hearts had melted and squealed, gravitating around him as we chattered excited, enamoured with the way his own soft baby talk and sounds mingled, his own sweet cute way of communicating.

When Joonie had been cooing over him, holding him close to his chest as he talked to us, hand gesticulating and he'd suddenly paused when he looked down and saw that Dae-Hyeon had latched onto his pinky, blinking up earnestly as he held the finger- and the entire, eloquent argument he had planned trailed off as his dimples poked out, smiling down beatifically at our baby and he'd literally melted when Dae-Hyeon let out a cute yawn and drifted off to sleep because of the reverberations of Joonie's voice lulling him to sleep.

Somehow, every day brings a new surprise, a new cherished moment of happiness, of bonding. For the baby who we decided had an enormous pair of lungs- rising us all up in panics or fretting over him when he wailed, he was also surprisingly quiet at times; nothing but soft gurgling and sounds of happiness and excitement when he was tucked away with one of us. With seven dads and a mum- there was plenty of love and attention to go around, not just for him but for each other too.

And who knew he was such a teasing baby? I could read the playfulness coming off him as Hoseokie fed him breakfast, mimicking not just aeroplanes but a range of animal sounds and expressions to make him giggle and eagerly accept the spoon of soft food we were trying to get him to slowly start eating. The splatters around his face and Dae-Hyeonie only showed me how hard he was being but Hobi's energy remained relentlessly high, bolstered by our fussy baby, and rising to match it- two constant jets of energy colliding as they played more than feeding and being fed.

Behind him Jiminie was stopping the food from splattering against the floor and walls- ability gently shifting the flying food back- which not only avoided a mess, which I gratefully appreciated with a kiss to his lips, but also intrigued Dae-Hyeonie and his sweet burbling was enough for all of us.

Kookie in particular was enamoured with how tiny he was, and yet how perfectly he slotted into our arms or nestled his head close to us when we held him- the baby we had thought of him, to shy away from nappies and bottles and toys and feeding that (Y/N) was constantly doing- he revelled in them, marvelling at these small moments of intimacy and bonding, the scattered belongings around the house- it brought the cutest smile onto his face as he eagerly trailed (Y/N) wanting to help in any way whilst making cute faces at Dae-Hyeonie who at times was peeking from the top at his youngest dad.

Tae was the dad to go to when our baby was kicking up a fuss, his ability merged with the silly voices and sweet phrases and worked a dream in making Dae-Hyeonie part his mouth when he was refusing to eat, coaxed him down from fitful tears and allowed him to babble happily as he splashed in the water as (Y/N) and one of us washed him gently. Tae's eyes were always bright and no matter how tired we all were from the late nights he kept us up at, he was always grinning and making grabby hands to take our baby into his lap instead or to giggle and talk baby with him- losing himself in a whirl of sounds and clappy sounds.