Chapter 12- the long, endless wait

JIMIN POV:

"(Y/N)?!" a voice called out from next to me, his usually deep warm voice hoarse and full of horror; Tae. We were all looking with a sinking feeling at the horrific sight in front of us. She was lying there, motionless, complexion pale and eyes tinged with dark circles that looked like bruises. There was no healthy flush that usually decorated her cheeks and her lips were bloodless. She looked like a corpse. I panicked when I saw her but if it hadn't been for the slow mechanical sound of her heartbeat, I don't think anyone would be able to tell there was life in her.

I didn't want to know what had happened that had brought her to this state, she looked like she was fighting a battle between life and death. I felt sick looking at her, stomach churning and my heart pounding uncontrollably. I knew my feelings were being magnified by the suffocating silence that descended over the room and the feeling that was transmitting through the bond.

We stood at the foot of her bed, all of the other guys looking exhausted, worried, sick with fear. They all had red puffy eyes indicating they hadn't gotten any sleep and dried tear tracks staining their cheeks, their clothes were dishevelled, and they all leant on each other for support.

I realised (Y/N)'s condition was worrying and there was something being held back from us.

"What is it guys?" Jin hyung asked but there was fear in his tone.

The guys stood there blankly, unsure as to who should broach the topic.

"Your worry and fear is drowning me at the moment, tell me what's wrong...please." Jin hyung asked, voice losing strength as he was overwhelmed by the emotions of everyone in the room's and his own.

They tried to avoid looking at us, but it was Mark hyung who stepped forward, hand resting on JB hyung's shoulder, squeezing it briefly.

We tensed, bracing ourselves for the words that were going to be spoken.

But when he did speak, I felt a crushing weight settle over me, disbelief and despair settling.

TAE POV:

"(Y/N) is your final soulmate." Mark hyung said.

Disbelief, sorrow, confusion and overwhelming sense of panic flooded the bond as I felt my soulmates and me react to the news. (Y/N) was the final piece to our puzzle? It was true? My suspicions were correct? So, was it my fault that she was lying here on death's door? It was my fault she looked so weak, fragile and vulnerable?

I should've shared my suspicions, but I didn't want to give my soulmates false hope if it turned out she wasn't, it would be better for me to suffer the disappointment alone. But I should've said. Maybe we would've gotten to this conclusion before and she wouldn't be here suffering.

"I don't want to sound horrible, but how can you be so sure?" Yoongi hyung asked, voice tinged with caution. He was always the wary one, ready to protect us all and shield us from harm; both physical and mental. It was that trait playing out, he wasn't rejecting it, no-one would make a lie like that in such a situation, but he wanted some shred of proof.

Jaebum hyung looked saddened and understanding of the words that left Yoongi hyung's mouth, hands slowly withdrawing from (Y/N)'s hand looking as though the act had physically pained him. He slowly and gently pulled the sheets covering her body downwards exposing her body clad in the hospital's patient attire. His hands gently moved to her waist, pulling the oversized shirt upwards until her the right side of her torso was exposed, revealing to us the mark we'd seen on each other more times than we could count. The mark that was so familiar to us, a reminder of our love and proof of our connection on her body.