✮I✮

✦✦✦✦ Not the only Princess ✦✦✦✦

"Move it, Fly Boy."

"Who are you calling a fly boy, Mando?"

Sar'ika rolls her eyes and taps her foot impatiently as she waits for the Commander to move. They've been like this for the past few years since she came to the resistance.

Petty name calling, arguments every other day, but they both would do anything for the other. They're partners, whether they want to be or not.

Despite his stubbornness, Poe follows after her, but they remain silent. The tension making everyone turn their heads to look at them.

They notice the scowl on Sar'ika's face which means one thing, Poe messed up. Something that doesn't usually happen when he goes on solo or team missions, but missions with Sar'ika, he always seems to mess up for one reason.

He can't follow orders.

He can bark orders all day for as long as he wants, but following orders given to him by someone who has been here for way less than half of the time, and someone who is also younger than him, he doesn't do that sort of thing.

Leia sighs when she sees the pair walk in, Sar'ika's face says it all and she looks to Poe who is glaring daggers into the back of her head, "Permission to shoot Dameron?" Sar'ika asks scarily clam, something she gets from her father.

"Permission for a new partner?" Poe bites back making her rolls her eyes.

Leia sighs, shaking her head as she watches the pair bicker back and forth, something along the lines of 'Dameron being an insufferable git' and 'Djarin trying to shoot him in the leg'.

"Maybe if you paid attention to my orders wouldn't have to attempt to shoot you for you to listen to me!"

"Maybe if you let me take charge once in a while we would have had the information by now!"

"Jokes on you, I have it!" She yells holding the data stick and tossing it to the technician nearby.

Poe huffs crossing his arms over his chest, "Grow up, Dameron, we're going into a battle, a war. We need soldiers, not children."

She storms off and Dameron stands their mouth hung open before he follows after her, "Children? You're calling me a child?"

"My little-old brother could have listened to orders better than that, Dameron."

Poe rolls his eyes and grabs her elbow stopping her from walking away, "Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Really?"

"One hundred percent."

"I'm no more a Child than you are a Princess."

Sar'ika laughs suddenly and he falters raising a brow, "You think you know everything, Dameron, but the truth is, you don't."

One of the pilots passing by squeezes their way in between the arguing pair, "Listen up, Mando, I've been here way longer than you. I earned my titles by working hard, not because I'm related to the General-"

"No, you listen here, Commander," She mocks emphasizing his title, "You may be in charge of you own team," She says poking a finger into his chest, "But when you're on a mission with me you follow my lead. Understand?"

Poe stares down at her sucking his teeth to hold back the snarky reply, "Do you understand, Dameron?"

"I understand."

"Good." She says stepping back from him, "Now get ready, we leave for the next mission in an hour."

He lets out a large breath watching her walk away, "And make sure you wear something for the climate. It's gonna be very sandy."

Poe clenches his fists at his side watching her strut her way through the crowd with her head held high.

"Listen to her, Dameron," Leia says walking up behind him, "You really have no idea."

"What?"

"I'm not the only Princess in the resistance anymore."