✮V✮

✦✦✦✦ Admiral ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Admiral ✦✦✦✦

"General Organa, Leia, is unconscious, but recovering." D'acy says.

Sar'ika sits in a small chair watching the woman in front of her talk as she tries to remain conscious herself. Poe sits behind her, arms crossed, nudging her with his knee every so often to make sure she is still awake.

"That's the only good news I have. Admiral Ackbar, all our leadership, they're gone."

Theresa murmur around the room, "Leia was the sole survivor on the bridge. If she were here, she'd say save your sorrow for after the fight."

Sar'ika scoffs, "There is no fight if we sit around here all day, are you giving us orders or not, Commander?"

D'acy sighs, "To that end," She continues ignoring Sar'ika, "The chain of command is clear to who should take her place."

Poe looks down at Sar'ika thinking she is the clear person, she may have only been here a little over three years having joined when she was eighteen, but Leia has been preparing her for the title of General since she joined.

"Vice Admiral Holdo of the cruiser, Ninka."

"Thank you, Commander."

Holdo switches places with D'acy and looks around the room, "Four hundred of us on three ships. We're the very last of the resistance. But we're not alone. In every corner of the galaxy, the downtrodden and oppressed know our symbol and they put their hope in it. We are the spark that will light the fire that will restore the Republic. That spark, this Resistance, must survive. That is our mission."

Sar'ika stands and sighs, "Something wrong, Commander?"

She shrugs and turns back around, "I'm going to make sure our General is fine, seems you guys are a little more concerned who is thinking of us in the farthest corners of the galaxy."

"They need hope."

"We need hope, Admiral. Where are those so called supporters now, as we die fighting for them, where are they?"

She receives silence and she nods turning on her heel to walk out of the crowd, "To your stations." She orders, "And may the Force be with us."

"Finn, is the General good?" Sar'ika asks into her comms.

"Fine, I got Ar-three keeping an eye on her, your father's in the room beside her now, we moved him over."

"Okay, good, thanks."

Poe follows the Admiral who sighs, "Vice Admiral. Commander Dameron. With our current fuel consumption there's a very limited amount of time that we can stay out of range of the Star Destroyers."

"Very kind of you to make me aware." She turns to the woman sanding in front of her, "Let's get those fuels projections-"

"And we need to shake 'em before we can find a new base, so, what's our plan?"

She steps back to look at him, "Our plan, Captain? Not Commander, right? Wasn't it Leia's last official act to demote you for your dreadnaught plan where we lost our entire bombing fleet?"

Sar'ika raises a brow at the woman as she walks over to stand beside Poe, her arms crossed, "Captain, Commander, you can call me whatever you like. I just want to know what's going on."

"Of course you do. I understand. I've dealt with plenty of trigger-happy flyboys like you. You're impulsive. Dangerous. And the last thing we need right now. So, stick to your post, and follow my orders."

"I understand that Dameron can be annoying at times, Holdo, but we need all the help we can get right now."

She turns to look at the brunette standing beside him, "I'm sorry, didn't you punch your own partner today, who if I'm correct is, Captain Dameron."

Sar'ika shrugs and then nods her head confirming she did, "Yes, and he deserved it, I'd definitely do it again and it's also not the point right now."

"My point is, Djarin-"

"Commander." Poe interrupts and Holdo raises a brow at him, "I may have been demoted, but she wasn't, it's Commander Djarin."

Sar'ika holds back the smirk forming on her lips as she keeps her gaze on the purple haired woman, "My point is, Commander Djarin, that you're just as impulsive and dangerous as Dameron here, did you really think we'd leave you in charge?"

Sar'ika opens her mouth but Holdo stops her, "I saw your face, you truly thought they'd choose you. Leia may be training you for her spot, but you're nowhere near ready to be a General. I still don't know how you got a spot as Commander, now return to the med bay where you should be receiving a check-up and an order to stay on bed rest, or better yet, out of my way."

She walks away from them and Sar'ika clenches her jaw watching her pass, "Djarin-"

"Don't."

He holds his hands up in defence watching as she walks away with a look he knows all too well.