✮V✮

✦✦✦✦ Jakku ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Jakku ✦✦✦✦

Finn gasps and sits upright pulling himself out of the chair he's strapped into.

He looks around and sees smoke in the distance, running towards it he finds Sar'ika lying not too far away, "Hey, Sar'ika."

He drags her away from the wreckage and shakes her shoulders. She gaps sitting up and looks around widely before doubling over and coughing, "You're okay."

"I'm fine," She manages to say as she gets to her feet, "I'm fine."

She turns to the wreckage and looks around, "Where's Dameron?"

"I don't know."

"Where is he?"

"I-I don't k-"

"Dameron!" She yells running around the wreckage and trying to look inside, "Dameron!" She attempts to go inside but Finn loops an arm around her waist and bring her back.

"You can't-"

"Poe! Poe!"

Finn pulls her back turning her to look at him, "Sar'ika, look at me, look at me."

She finally looks away from the smoke to meet his eyes, "I'll get him, okay?"

She nods and he runs into the wreckage, "Poe! Poe, I got you! I got you!"

The ship begins to sink down into the sand and Finn stumbles back, Poe's jacket in hand as he does.

"Poe! Poe!" Sar'ika runs forward helping Finn to his feet and he grabs her hand before she can run into it.

There's an explosion and the pair turn away to protect themselves from the large amount of sand blown into the air.

Sar'ika stares at the space the fighter just was, eyes wide, breathing heavy, unshed tears behind her eyes, "Poe?"

Finn tugs on her hand slightly, "The droid." He mutters.

She allows him to pull her away from the wreckage but her eyes remain on it until they can no longer see it over the any sand dunes they travel over.

Finn drapes Poe's jacket over her shoulders, "It's scorching, I don't need a jacket."

"You're also wearing Beskar armor, not only will the people here wants to steal it but they'll also know you're the one who escaped form a mile away."

Finn was now clad in his black shirt and trousers having shed the Stormtrooper armor a while back, "Don't you want it?" She asks.

He shakes his head and she sighs, "Thanks." She says quietly.

He nods his head once before they continue to stumble through the sandy planet. "How'd you end up in the Resistance?" Finn asks trying to fill the silence.