✮XII✮

✦✦✦✦ Crait  ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Crait ✦✦✦✦

"They're coming, shut the door."

First Oder ships fly towards them and shoot into the open hanger, "Go! Go! Move!" Poe yells.

He pushes Sar'ika forward as she falls from a hit close to them, grabbing her arm he shoves her behind a box as he hides there himself.

Both of them peer over the top, one of the ships makes it inside and everyone begins to shoot at as they take cover.

Suddenly two pairs of hands appear over the top, "It's us! It's us!"

"Stop!" Sar'ika yells at the top of her lungs as she stands.

Everyone stops but they keep their blaster up as she walks forward, "Finn? Rose?"

Their heads peek up through the open window and Sar'ika chuckles shaking her head, "Hey! Finn! Rose! You're not dead!" Poe yells, "Where's my droid?"

BB-8 jumps own and Poe kneels in front of him, "Buddy! I'm so glad to see you!" He cheers.

BB-8 beeps excitedly and rolls into Poe before rolling around Sar'ika's feet, she nods patting his head, "I missed you too, Bumble."

"Wait, what?"

~~~~~

"All right, shields are up." Poe yells.

"That means they can't hit us from orbit." Sar'ika adds as she helps D'acy with the protection of the base.

She walks over to Connix and Finn, "Use whatever power we've got left-"

"To broadcast a distress signal to the Outer Rim." Poe finishes for her.

She gives him a 'really' look ad he just shrugs as he passes, "Use my personal code," Leia calls over to them, "If there are an allies to the Resistance, it's now or never."

Finn walks over to Sar'ika, "Any news from Rey?"

She shakes her head, "Nothing, I'm sorry, Finn."

He nods sadly, "Rose, what'do you got?"

Rose sighs as she enters, "Rotting munitions, rusted artillery, some half-gutted skin speeders."

"Well," Poe sighs, "Let's just pray that big-ass door holds long enough for us to get help."

"Pray we will... Commander."

Poe looks down at Sar'ika who says nothing as she walks over to R3 and her father who are both arguing with Threepio and another resistance member.

"I don't care who you are, I want to know why-"

"Buir." She calls.

R3 lets out an angry beep ramming himself into Threepio's legs before rolling away to find BB-8.

"What's going on?"

"I apologise, Commander, but he can't-"

Sar'ika holds her hand up to stop him, "It's fine, I've got it." The member nods his head and walks away quickly, "You can't argue with everyone, dad."

"I just want to know what's going on."

"Nothing, yet, just sit down, Threepio, get to the control room."

Threepio nods, "Yes, Commander, I shall do that right away. Mandalorians." He mutters shaking his head before waddling away,

Sar'ika gives the droid a dirty look before turning to her father, "Look, Finn might need help, go see if there's anything you can do."

Huffing he opens his mouth to protest but she turns away and he sighs.

After finding Finn the pair look through the binocs to identify the weapon the First Order have begun to set up.

"Battering ram."

"A what now?"

Din turns back to look at everyone, "Miniaturized Death Star tech." Finn adds.

"It'll crack that door open like an egg. Bad news, we're gonna die."

"Buir!" Sar'ika yells hitting his arm.

Poe raises a brow at the bluntness, "Like father like daughter I guess."

"Dameron." Leia warns with a smile.

Din shrugs and Sar'ika shakes her head, "Go sit down." Sar'ika says pushing on his armoured chest.

"You can't-"

"Now."

Rolling his eyes he walks over to sit beside Leia, "There has to be a back way out of here."

Sar'ika sighs looking around, "Dad, visor."

"You just told me to sit down."

"Now I'm telling you to use your visor."

"You need to make your mind up, ad'ika."

"Ne shab'rud'niö./ Don't mess with me."

Huffing Din raises his hands in surrender and stands as he clicks on his helmet and looks around, he scans the area and shakes his head.

Sar'ika runs a hand through her loose hair and sighs, "BB-8 has analysed the mine's schematics." Threepio says walking forward. "This is the only way in or out."

"Come on," Finn speaks up as everyone looks around at each other, "We have allies. People believe in Leia. They'll get our message, they'll come."

"Finn," Sar'ika shakes her head, "They're not coming."

Finn ignores her as he continues, "We have to buy time. We gotta take out that cannon."