✮X✮

✦✦✦✦ Respect ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Respect ✦✦✦✦

Sar'ika stands before the Admiral, "Did you punch him?"

"Not yet." She admits sadly as she follows her through the bridge.

"How's Leia doing?"

"She's recovering, we think she'll be fine within a few days, Threepio, Ar-three and my father is watching over her, they're giving me regular updates."

Holdo nods her head, and then dismisses her, Sar'ika nods her head and walks away but Holdo calls after her, "Sar'ika," She stops and turns to face her, "I'm sorry about your mother, Commander. We all looked up to her."

Her eyes flicker around the room, everyone's heads bowing down in respect for the fallen General, "Thank you, Admiral."

"Can you do something for me, Commander?" Holdo walks closer to her but Sar'ika doesn't answer yet, "I want you to watch over Dameron for me."

"Watch over him, what is he twelve?" She scoffs.

Holdo sighs and Sar'ika looks around, catching Connix's eye, finally releasing what she means by 'watch over him', "You want me to spy on him? You want me to spy on my partner?"

"I don't trust him and he doesn't trust me, but we both trust you."

Sar'ika nods, "I respect you, Admiral. And I think you're a good fighter, but just because I don't go against your orders does not mean I don't think you're wrong."

"Think about it, Commander."

"No, I will not spy on Dameron, as much as it pains me to admit it, I respect him and he's right, we won't last a second out there," She keeps her voice firm and calm, not wanting to get removed like Poe had, "They'll blast us out of the sky the second the get the chance, we won't last two minutes."

"I appreciate your honesty, Commander, you may leave."

Sar'ika nods and leaves, starting her journey to Leia's room but stopping in her chambers on the way. She ignores Poe is laying on his bed staring up at the ceiling who looks over at her as she enters.

Pulling off her boots she throws them aside and digs through the box under her bed for something to wear. She curses when there's nothing there, as she left her stuff on the Falcon.

Sitting on her bed she lets her hair down and runs her fingers through it sighing in relief from the tension being released.

She rubs her hands down her face closing her eyes and relishing in the peace they have knowing it will soon be broken.

She hasn't had much chance to do anything the past weeks, spending her time recovering, listening out for information on Rey, and then her father turning up hurt and her mother dying.

Sar'ika shakes her head ridding the thoughts away and locking them behind the large black door she keeps other horrible thoughts that plague her.

Poe opens one eye peeking over at her but closes it again quickly so she doesn't notice, she looks across the room to where R3 is powered down and stares at the green droid wishing she could do the same.

"Shut up, Ar-three, she'll do it."

The droid continued to voice its concerns as Kit placed him in the X-Wing then lifted the child into the cockpit, "It's okay, Ar-three, I promise I'll be careful."

The droid squealed loudly as she took off, beeping rapidly for her to return to the ground. Sar'ika laughed loudly as she twirled ignoring the panicking of the droid behind her.

"Wee!"

"Ah!"

"Relax, Ar-three, this is fun!" She cheered. She dived down again through the city of Mandalore, people watched the Princess pass them by.

When she landed she ran to her mother who lifted her into the air ad twirled her around, "I told you it would be better in the city, you get to see the sights, there's more thrill."

"You were right, Mum, I'll admit it. But can we go back to Yavin to see Uncle Luke now? I promised him I'd help him with something."

"Stop."

Sar'ika looks up, not noticing in her day dream that Poe had sat up to look at her, she raises a brow at him but makes no move to say anything, "You're thinking about it."

"I can't not think about it."

Poe sighs, elbows resting on his thighs as he leans forward, "We need to contact Finn and Rose," He says changing the subject as he gets to his feet, silently he hands her a clean white shirt and walks out pausing by the door, "I'll meet you there."

She nods her head and watches as he leaves, changing quickly she wakes R3. Her mother often told her stories of how her grandfather came to find R3.

One day while out in the market near Mos Eisley a small R3 droid sat in a stall, it reminded him of his old droid, R4, missing the company he often had on mission for her he decided to buy him using the rest of his credits on tools to fix him up.

The small droid became a good friend of his but when he met Kit the droid and her got along great, for her sixteenth birthday he handed the droid over to her and Kit took it everywhere, until it was lost again. Returning to her years later after Luke brought him back to her.

"Finn, Holdo's loading the crew in the shuttle," Poe speaks into the comms as Sar'ika enters, "She's going to abandon ship. Where are you?"

"Poe, we're on our way back to the fleet," Finn speaks to them, "We're so close."

"Did you find the Master Codebreaker?"

"Well," Sar'ika raises a brow at Finn's hesitance, "We found a codebreaker. We can shut the tracker down, just, buy us a little more time."

"That may be a problem."

"Alright, fine," Poe says talking over her, "Just hurry."

~~~~~

"So, a Stormtrooper and a who now are doing what?" Holdo questions looking at Poe in disbelief.

Poe sighs, wishing Sar'ika was beside him as he knows she'd be able to convince Holdo, "They are trying to save us, this is our best chance for escape. You have to give Finn and Rose all the time that you can."

"You have bet the survival of the Resistance on bad odds and put us all at risk. There's no time now, we have to get clear of the cruiser. Load the transports!"

Poe sighs, "Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that." He turns with a few other members holding his blaster towards her.

"Vice Admiral Holdo. I am relieving you of your command for the survival of this ship, its crew and the Resistance."

"I hope you understand what you're doing."

Poe nods as he holsters his weapon, "I'm going to the bridge," He points to Connix, "Keep Djarin away from there. If they move, stun them."

~~~~~

"Commander Djarin, there seems to be a problem."

Sar'ika sighs and looks out the door to where C3-PO stands, "What is it, Threepio?"

"Captain Dameron has taken over the bridge and is holding Holdo hostage."

"What!"