✮XVI✮

✦✦✦✦ Luke Skywalker is Dead ✦✦✦✦

Sar'ika gasps, falling back, "Hey, hey, woah."

Poe catches her quickly helping her lean against the wall behind her, she looks around at the Resistance members, some of them still filling into the Millennium Falcon as they prepare to leave, "You good?"

"Yeah."

She gasps again and stares up at him with wide yes, "Luke."

"What?"

Much to his protests she pushes past him and towards Leia who is looking back at her already. Leia nods, telling her she knows.

Sar'ika sits beside her and Leia places a hand on her knee giving it a gentle squeeze and a small pat, "You did good, Sar'ika."

"I didn't even know I could do that."

She rubs her hands together making sure she is still real, heaving a large sigh she excuses herself to go sit in the cock pit, too tired from using so much energy in the Force.

"You okay?"

She looks over her shoulder at Poe and then nods, her gaze going back to the passing stars, Chewie growls beside her and she rolls her eyes nudging him with her boot.

"He's right, you should rest."

"I'm fine, Dameron."

"I'm pretty sure you floating in mid-air, almost fainting and now looking worse than death isn't fine."

Rolling her eyes she huffs, "Always the charmer."

He rolls his eyes and nods to Chewie letting the Wookie who is falling asleep leave as he takes over the co-pilot's chair, he leans back, watching as they float through hyperspace casually, waiting for their destination.

His eyes drift across to the zoned out Sar'ika. She still hasn't put her armor on and is wearing a simple white shirt, his white shirt, tucked into some pants with one of Han's leather jackets over the top and a belt that holds her sabre and blaster.

Her hair has been brought back by a braid, a few strands fall in her face as her hair is still short and it doesn't all quite reach into the braid. Her green eyes stare into space, the passing stars reflecting.

His eyes then fall to her lips, they look soft and plump and he wonders how they feel, how they taste. He wets his lips with his tongue and opens his mouth to speak, "Djarin, I-"

"Sar'ika?"

She turns over her shoulder to see Rey smiling at her, a large grin takes over her face and she jumps up hugging Rey tightly.

"Are you okay? Did he train you? He wasn't mean was he?"

"I'm okay, he trained me and no, he wasn't mean... after a while."

Sar'ika smiles again, one of the largest ones Poe has seen on her before.

Clearing his throat he gets to his feet, "You must be Rey, I'm Poe, Poe Dameron."

Rey shakes his hand smiling back at him, she looks between the pair her smile dropping slightly, "Did I- interrupt something?"

"No."

"Yes."

Sar'ika elbows him, "Dameron was just leaving, right?"

"Actually I was going to ask-"

"Bye," She says pushing him out of the cockpit, "I have some catching up to do, don't miss me too much."

Poe sighs watching as she retakes her seat and chats to Rey, the pair of them catching up over the months they've been apart.

Sar'ika didn't have many friends, even at the Jedi Temple, the only people she talked to were Ben, Luke and Grogu. She thinks it's because of the fact she got promoted to Commander after only being there a month, and also because she isn't a very likeable person.

Rey looked past her title and looked up to her despite Sar'ika being a little over two years older than her.

The pilot watches as Sar'ika makes gestures with her hands, something she does a lot when she gets excited about something, he smiles at the distraction she has from the reality, knowing that in a few hours, wherever they'll land, everything will come crashing down, reality will take over.

Luke Skywalker is dead.