✮II✮

✦✦✦✦ General Djarin ✦✦✦✦

Poe huffs as he sits back in the chair, "Can we get going now?"

"Not yet." Rey sighs leaning against the open door as she waits.

Poe sighs letting out a low groan as he crosses his arms over his chest, "You ready?" Rey asks.

"I'm always ready." Sar'ika answers tossing her bag into the cock pit, "Move it, Dameron."

Poe does a double take when he sees her standing above him with a brow raised as Rey takes her seat in the pilot seat, "I'm sorry?"

"I said shift it, Fly Boy, it's my ship, last time I let you fly it came back with one and a half less engines."

Poe stares at her in disbelief but with a sigh he gets to his feet, "So you know there's a thing called space now, huh?"

He leans against her seat watching as she and Rey effortlessly work in sync, "Sit down."

"You know, I thought you'd never leave, staying at the base, getting pampered by the people around you."

"Shut it."

"Finn and I were forgetting what you looked like the amount of time you spent inside, or training, what are you training for if you aren't going to leave?"

"Dameron." She says glaring at him.

He shrugs and Finn and Rey share a knowing look, "Training for what? In case a person refuses to get you some tea when you command."

"Dameron, I swear, if you don't shut up-"

"You'll what, Djarin? Call your assistant?"

She turns quickly clenching her jaw as she uses the Force to bring his blaster to her and points it at him.

Poe smirks as he holds his hands up in defence, "Good to know you're not completely useless."

"You did that on purpose." She observes as he takes back his blaster.

"You're afraid of what you can do, someone needed to make you do it, to show you that you can control it."

"What happened if I pulled the trigger, huh?"

"Didn't think of that."

She rolls her eyes and kicks her feet up on the dash board, "Strap in, we're gonna be a while."

~~~~~

Poe looks across at the asleep Sar'ika, Finn and Rey both got some rest in one of the backrooms and Chewie is doing some repairs somewhere, he offered to watch over the ship.

If he's being honest, it was just to spend some time with her, even if she is asleep.

With her training to get better at fighting without using the force or her lightsabre and his many missions, they've barley seen each other.

She's become different over the few months since she's been at the base.

Her skin is paler but her hair has lighter streaks it, there's bags under her eyes the main reason he isn't waking her at this minute. She's not wearing her Mando armor, it's in the back room ready for if she needs it, usually R3 carries it around for her in case she needs it.

He leans further back in his chair, his head resting on his fist as he studies her, she seems much more likeable asleep, peaceful even.

Her eyes move beneath her eyes lids and she mutters something every so often that he can't quite make out.

He doesn't realise she is having a nightmare until a small whimper leaves her mouth and she clenches the arm rest.

She gasps suddenly, sitting upright as she looks around the cockpit.

Poe raises his hands and watches her as she realises she's safe, her eyes calming in their frantic moving around.

"Hey, Djarin," He says softly crouching in front of her, "You okay?"

She looks away from him and swallows hard, the stars seeming to have more interest than him, "Fine, why wouldn't I be?"

"Djarin," He tilts his head, "If you're-"

"I'm fine, Dameron, leave it." She says getting up and running a hand down her face wiping away the sweat.

Clearing her throat she nods, "I'm going to see if Chewie needs any help."

Poe watches her leave, his worry for her only increasing, scoffing to himself he retakes his seat and kicks his feet up pushing away the worry he feels for his partner.

He hates it, worrying, especially for the girl who he can't seem to have one civil conversation with these days.

Every time he comes back from a mission they clash heads yelling at each other, throwing insults, on several occasions they've had to be dragged away from each other by either Mando, Leia or Finn and Rey.

But it's always after he's done something stupid, or gotten back from a dangerous mission.

Finn helped a limping Poe down the ramp of the ship, Chewie running out after them as he voiced his complaints.

Huffing Poe nodded at the Wookie, "Yeah, yeah, you big fur ball."

"Dameron, are you for real?" Sar'ika fumed as she marched forward, "Turning off your comms?"

"We had to, we didn't have a choice."

"Didn't have a choice? Didn't have a choice?" She repeats letting out a fake laugh.

"That is a fake laugh."

"It's real!"

"One hundred percent fake!"

He tapped Finn on the shoulder, holding his side as he walked away but she followed after him as he walked towards the medical bay, "Don't walk away from me, Fly Boy."

"Turning off your comms," She continued as she followed his limping figure through the base, members squeezing their way between them, "Disobeying a direct order."

"A direct order? Are you the higher command now, Djarin?"

"I'm higher than you, Dameron, and when I give you orders you should follow them."

"Oh, my apologies... General." He mocked her new title making her scowl at him.

Rolling his eyes Poe walked past her nudging his shoulder with hers, "I know why you're upset, Dameron, you wanted the promotion, do you think I really wanted it?"

"Looks like it." He responded not looking back.

"I didn't, I know you don't believe me, but I told them to ask you, I'm resigning next week, go ahead, take my spot."

"Djarin."

"You deserve it more, because you're right, I'm just a kid, I have no idea what's going on out there, not anymore."

He sighed closing his eyes, "Djarin, I didn't mean it, I was actually the one that," He turned to see that she had disappeared, "The one that recommended you."