「2」The Next Step

1/18/21

Conny left, along with Mama

Conny left, along with Mama. I look at Ray, and Ray looks at me.

I walk to my seat and retrieve the Little Bunny replica, placing it on the middle table in the dining room.

I walk back to the bedrooms, passing Ray.

"It's set, you're all clear."

"Alright, you know the next step." He whispers.

I nodded, and went to look for Emma and Norman.

I climbed the flight of stairs to the bedrooms, and ran into Emma.

"Hey Emma? Where's Norman?" I asked, trying to erase any traces of my desperation to carry out the plan.

"Um... I think he's in the boy's room, why?" The orange haired girl replies.

"I really need your help. I have chores to do before Mama gets back, and Conny left Little Bunny."

"SHE WHAT?!" Emma exclaimed, grabbing her hair in the process.

"Can you and Norman bring it to Conny? Mama isn't back yet, and the Gate light is still on, so Conny hasn't left yet." I explain.

"YES WE WILL! NORMAN COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW!" She yells, jumping down the stairs.

"Ray, I hope that was about enough to get this to work." I sigh, and head to the bathroom to prepare for bed.

After a quick 10 minute bath, I slip into some new clothes and begin to towel dry my hair.

Walking out the bathroom, I get a weird feeling that someone is watching me.

I just shrugged it off, what's the worst that can happen?

"Boo."

"YAHHH WHAT THE HELL?!" I scream, then cover my mouth in shame of my profanities.

"Heh heh gotcha." A raven haired boy appears from the shadows with a towel around his neck.

"Ray that wasn't funny!"

"To you it wasn't."

Sighing, I remember the plan.

"Hey so did they..." I started.

"Yeah, they're heading to the Gate now. Here comes the hard part." Ray answers, removing the towel from around his neck.

"We get to act, well I guess that's nothing special." He says.

"Considering that's what you've been doing your whole life, and what I've been doing for a year, haha." I close that topic with a small chuckle.

We both head to the library to wait for Norman and Emma.

"Hey Ray, have you read this book yet?"

"Of course I have, you airhead."

"What's with the names again?!"

"...it's funny to see your reaction."

"Aww Ray~"

"C-CUT IT OUT (Y/N)!"

"Tsun Tsun~"

"AM N-NOT!"

The yelling and teasing continued until (Y/n) heard a sound, specifically the sound of shoes clobbering up the stairs.

"Maybe it's them." I get up and walk to the door.

"Oh hey, did you make it in time?"

"...no, we didn't." Norman mutters, before he and Emma walk to their rooms.

"They came back empty handed." Ray points out.

"Mhm, so I guess they saw it."

"Well, now that's done."

"We never discussed what comes after this huh?" I state, closing the library door.

"Yeah, but basically we just need them to think about what they saw. Knowing them, they're gonna tell us at some point." He says, looking at the floor.

"So until then," I start.

"We gotta act innocent until the time is right." Ray finishes my thought.

I nod, with a determined look on my face.

"But wait...if they returned without Little Bunny does that mean Mama has a clue that someone went to the Gate?" I realize, voicing my thoughts.

"Oh man you're right, the plan was to keep this all between the kids. Now the adults know that someone here knows. That's not good."

"So what do we do Ray?"

"I guess, act innocent? Yeah that's the only way out. If we act like we normally do Mama can't suspect that we know."

I know he's right, but Mama might suspect Norman and Emma then. But knowing them, they're going to try to keep this secret, too.

"Okay, let's just hope that this'll all work out."

Ray replies with a small "mhm" before mentioning that we should really head to bed.

"Strategy meeting tomorrow (Y/n)?"

"Sure thing, night Ray!"

"Night, Chouchou."