「25」The Meeting + An Unexpected Encounter

07/13/21
Heya, sorry I've been gone for a while. I'll explain after the chapter :)

We followed Norman and Emma toward the library, and to our surprise Don and Gilda were waiting for us

"Emma! Thank goodness you're still alive!" Gilda exclaimed as she ran to Emma, wrapping her arms around her and squeezing tight.

"Eheh, of course I'm alive Gilda!" Emma said as she returned the hug.

"So, did she give you new information?" Don asked with a serious expression.

Norman nodded, "We're about to go over the things she told us, so let's sit over there."

He pointed to a table with exactly 6 chairs, stationed in the corner of the room. A candle on the wall and a singular candle in the middle of the table.

"Chouchou, sit next to me?" Ray whispered, pulling my sleeve gently.

I smile and give him a look that screams, "No duh, of course." We then made our way over to the chairs closest to the wall.

I sat next to Ray, and Emma sat next to him. Norman was at the head of the table, understandably, and Don and Gilda sat opposite to Ray and Emma. (I hope this makes sense ;-;)

"Okay, let's begin. We now know for sure that the pocket watch is connected to our trackers." Norman began.

"The existence of a headquarters is also confirmed, it supplies babies and mamas to these houses. There are 5 in total."

I discreetly nudged Ray, whispering, "Hey you could have told them that, or did you not tell them your little secret yet?"

Ray flushed red for a moment before whispering a "no" and turning his attention back to Norman.

I pretty much zoned out for the rest of the meeting. Besides, the information they got is information I can get directly from the source, no biggie.

However, I had bigger problems on my hands. As we exit the library and went out separate ways, I saw Mama staring at me from across the hall.

"Hey Emo, go on ahead. I gotta do something really quick." I nudged him forward, to which he was confused.

"Wait wha-" he started before I cut him off.

"I'll be down in a second, I just gotta do something real quick!"

A moment passes before Ray sighs and says "fine."