「Special Chapter」Graduation

06/18/21
Today's the day I graduate! So why not have one of our favorite "Self Sacrificial Liars Club" members enjoy one too?

School AU

                                   「おめでとう!」_____Graduation

「おめでとう!」
_____
Graduation. The day we close out a chapter of our lives, and open up to a new one. The day where we leave old things behind and embrace the new. The day we say goodbye to the things that made us into who we are. Graduation is a bittersweet day, no matter how you look at it.
_____

Today was the day we closed out another chapter in our crazy lives. While we were looking forward to it for the most part, a sad feeling still lingered around my heart.

The place that made up my memories is the place I'm leaving in the past. All the deep thoughts hit at once as I sat in silence in an empty classroom.

"Hey, what are you doing?" A familiar voice called out to me. The sound of the door opening directed my attention to the entrance of the room, where Ray stood.

He leaned on the door frame briefly before walking in and closing the door behind him.

"Nothing much, just thinking. What about you? What are you doing?" I asked, still staring straight ahead.

Ray took a seat at the desk next to mine and said, "Looking for you. Hanging around this miserable place without you really sucks."

I won't deny the blush that covered my face when he said that. But I had to deny it when he took notice of it.

"Oh are you blushing?" He said teasingly, leaning closer to me.

"N-no, something wrong with your eyes? I'm getting concerned." I say in an attempt to play it off as nothing.

Ray scoffs dramatically, followed by a sentence of pure sarcasm.

"How rude, you know I'm not as blind as Ms. Isabella."

"Dude that's your mom."

"...really?"

Awkward silence filled the room as we both looked around and tapped our fingers on the desk.

"Um anyways, how are you feeling about graduation?" I asked, those familiar butterflies coming back to haunt me.

He sighed and leaned back in his seat.

"Bittersweet I guess. I'm happy to get out of here for good, but I'm not liking the idea of leaving all these nice memories behind." The sincerity in his voice was enough to convince me of the truth, even if he was pulling faces behind my back.

"I agree. Which one was your favorite?"

He thought for a moment before telling me.