「14」Moving Forward

4/15/21
Sorry for the delay! I've had this chapter here for I think 4 days now? Anyways I just wrapped it up!

4/15/21Sorry for the delay! I've had this chapter here for I think 4 days now? Anyways I just wrapped it up!

"Hey (Y/n), get up."

I slowly opened my eyes, but was confused as to why I didn't see any traces of sunlight. What I did see was the dark silhouette of Ray, who was staring down at me with a soft smile.

"What're you smiling at..?"

"Nothing. Just get up. Come on." He pulled me out of bed and dropped my tired body on the wooden floor.

Ray flinched at the loud "thud" and told me to keep it down.

"You're the one who threw me on the floor you piece of trash!" I whispered aggressively as I picked myself up off the floor.

"That wouldn't have happened if you just got up!" He says, matching my tone.

"Anyways, I need you to act tired. We're gonna propose your plan to Norman and Emma."

Ray was dead serious, I could tell by his posture. It emitted pure confidence that what he thought of would work. Honestly, this was a first.

"Eh- wait but why do I need to act tired anyway? I'm always tired."

"Oh right that's true, but act a little more sluggish than normal I guess." Ray replied.

I took a quick look at the window and noticed that there was really no trace of the sun's rays.

"What time is it?"

"It's 4am, why?"

We stayed silent for a moment. I felt like I was about to smack this boy, and I know he could tell.

"It's for my plan." Ray blurted out, then gave a distinct sigh of relief.

I pondered on that for a moment, slowly reaching the answer Ray wanted me to come to.

"Ohhhh I have to make it seem like I stayed up all night trying to plan so that they won't huh."

"Exactly." He says, snapping his fingers. He then walked over to the door and opened it.

"Wait why do I need to be up at 4am though? Couldn't we have just waited until the time we have to get up, and I could act tired then?" I questioned. I had a point and I knew it. Unless Ray had some other reason in mind there was no way he could deny this idea.

"Yeah, but that wouldn't give us time to go through the script."

"You wrote a script?!"

Ray scoffs sarcastically and says "Pfft- no."

What was I even expecting...Anyways. We walked downstairs and quietly slipped out of the house. We sat under Ray's tree, facing east. With pencils and paper scattered all over the grass, we began scripting the scenario that has yet to come.

"So should I introduce the plan nonchalantly or what?"

"Mm, no I don't think that would be best. Maybe stick with the tired front." Ray spoke, violently erasing whatever he wrote on that paper.

An hour later, we took notice that natural light was slowly making its way into the world.

"I guess we ditch the lantern then."

"Yeah, but why'd you have a lantern and supplies here anyway." I ask curiously.

"Well I knew that either way I had to drag you out of bed. So I might as well have the stuff here.

Silence, but a comfortable one. We didn't talk, but it wasn't awkward in the slightest.

"Hey Ray, have you ever experienced awkward silence or no?"

"Of course I have."

"With who?"

"Anyone who isn't you, I guess. Well same with Norman and Emma."

I nod, understanding that awkward silence was developed through a lack of trust or confidence. Either way, it makes sense to me.

"Do you think it has something to do with trust?" I ask again, this time, I look at Ray.

He turns his head in my direction and mutters something incomprehensible. I only look at him with confusion now.

"Oh, yeah. I'd rather be by myself if I'm standing with someone that I don't really trust." Ray speaks, then sighs after.

"Hey Chouchou, do you trust me? At all? Or are we just buddy-buddy because of this crappy situation."

I smile at him, and his cheeks are now tinted pink. "Of course I trust you, I'm only here now because you trusted me first. Thank you for everything Ray."

Ray looks back at me, and I turn my head to face the rising sun. The soft orange glow began to color the sky, and a shade of light blue began to show.

Ray's trust is a valuable thing, it's a one of a kind. He's oddly honest and more open when he trusts you more. He shares his problems and thoughts with someone like me. Ray has the kind of trust that pushes you forward and makes you feel dependable. That's another thing I love about him, because it makes me feel like I'm worth it.

 That's another thing I love about him, because it makes me feel like I'm worth it

I bring to you...
Emma and Norman's reactions to the plan
in the next chapter :)
Ok wait but I just re read the chapter and it's kind of cringe so I'll probably rewrite it ;-; it's hard for me to write fluffy scenes, angst is my specialty-

I also edited this because oH MY JEEBUS I can't type without a typo ;-; I'm sorry