「7」Considering It

02/04/21

"Oh dear, what are you four doing outside? It's almost time for dinner!"

"Sorry Mama..." we said in unison, our eyes tied to the floor.

Mama sighed and ushered us inside. Norman and Emma were walking side by side in front of Ray and me. Even though I kept on telling myself to forget about it, I could never.

"Hm if Norman stood on top of Ray they might look like a giraffe..." I subconsciously muttered.

"What the heck are you thinking about now?" Ray questioned, giving me a disgusted face.

"YA WHAT THE HECKIE!" Emma followed, obviously confused about the event unfolding.

Norman just laughed, and then went silent. Emma noticed this, and I'm guessing that Emma asked him what was wrong.

"Eh I'll let them be." I continued to walk to the dining hall.

"Thank you for the food!"

Norman and Emma were poking at their food, they weren't eating much. Ray kicked my foot from under the table to get my attention. He glanced down at his plate, which I instinctively glanced at as well.

Ray's mashed potato had a message written in it. It said:

"I have a feeling that they're gonna tell us about what they saw later, be ready."

"Okay." I mouthed to him, and he smiled in response.

We continued dinner in the presence of many voices, and a head full of anticipation about the events yet to come.

When dinner ended, I picked up the plates and utensils and brought them to the sink. On my third trip to the sink Norman put his hand on my shoulder and whispered to me.

"Emma and I have something to ask you. Meet us in the library once you're done."

I nodded, and Norman left after that. No worlds could describe the amount of anxiety I was feeling at that very moment.

"Norman..? Emma? Are you in here or should I just leave?"

Emma poked her head out from underneath a table.

"Boo!"

"Ah! Emma don't do that!" I say as I cover my face, embarrassed.

"By the way, where's Norman? What did you wanna talk about?"

Emma crawls out from under the table. Now she has a serious look on her face, it's almost frightening.

"We have to wait a little longer, he should be here any minute." Emma replied, still having that stern look plastered onto her face.

"He..? Norman I guess." While we waited I just kept on thinking about the possible topics. The truth, or some other topic that we could speak about. Literally anything was possible.

Suddenly, the library door creaked open. I assumed that Norman was here now, but that assumption was immediately shut down when I saw Norman in the corner of the room.

"I didn't even see him?! What is wrong with me... white hair in a dark room, just wow." I continued mocking and ridiculing myself mentally when Ray lightly hit me on the head.

"Yo. So what's going on?" He spoke, looking in Norman's direction.

"There's something Emma and I would like to ask you both."

"Okay, so what is it? Chouchou and I still have chores, you know."

Norman looked at Emma and nodded. She finally spoke up.

"Do you two..."she paused for a moment. "know..?"

Huh? Know? Know what? If it's the secret then I can't say yet. My plan is still in action.

"Know what? Emma you're confusing meeee...." I whined hopelessly while Ray took that as a sign to hold off the confrontation.

"You're being vague, at least give us more detail." Ray spoke.

Both Emma and Norman looked at the ground then at each other.

"Never mind! Sorry for bothering you, maybe we can discuss this at a later time?" Norman stood up from the corner and walked over to us.

"Uh..sure...." With that, Ray and I leave the room. He heads back to the dining hall, informing me that he still has a few things to do. I walk back to the rooms and prepare for bed.

"I really need to start planning the escape...no more lazing around and waiting!" I say to myself.

"Those demons...I can't let them take any more of us."

I spoke these words carelessly, not knowing that Mama was listening from the hallway.