「Special Chapter」Happy New Year

12/31/21
Yay last day of 2021! Gotta make a good chapter to end this year's updates!
⚠️Tw: a lot of alcohol, that's what happens when you let them loose

12/31/21Yay last day of 2021! Gotta make a good chapter to end this year's updates!⚠️Tw: a lot of alcohol, that's what happens when you let them loose

9:00 pm, December 31st
———————————
I don't know how it got to this, what started out as a New Year's Eve party slowly became some huge drinking game.

Red solo cups and the smell of alcohol was everywhere in Norman and Emma's usually tidy apartment. I guess making a mess just for one night wouldn't hurt.

Norman, Emma, Ray and I are fresh out of college. We all managed to get a well paying job at the same company, as expected of life-long besties.

So with what we've been earning, we've managed to afford 2 apartment spaces. Which meant sharing.

Though it didn't matter to us, Norman and Emma started dating a while back so it worked out for them.

Ray and I? We're sharing the other apartment space. It's actually been really fun, we cook together on Monday, have pillow fights on Tuesday, build forts on Wednesday, go for a morning walk before work on Thursday, movie nights on Friday, wash the laundry together on Saturday, and laze around on Sunday.

"(Y/n), I'm telling you that's what couples do!" Emma exclaimed, tipping some of the contents of her red solo cup on the coffee table.

She was probably on her 6th cup while everyone else was on their 1st or 2nd. Emma had an unusually high tolerance to alcohol, which never ceased to amaze us. It was almost...unhealthy?

"Oh really, so is that what you and Norman do?" I asked smugly.

Both their faces flushed a brilliant red, stuttering while attempting to refute my question.

"Oh would you look at that, the lovebirds are sharing the same braincell." Ray says, cup in his right hand as he takes a seat to my right.

"That's not something you can refuse, Emma~" He says with a smug look on his face.

We both stared at Emma as she blushed and slowly lost her ability to speak.

"Y-you know what? I-it's fine if our h-house looks like a dump... it's New Year's Eve after all. And, well if I'd have known it'd look like this I promise we wouldn't have volunteered to have our place be the venue." Norman whimpered, gazing around the apartment in fear and disbelief.

"Are you kidding me? Dude your girl is struggling here and you're worried about what? Your place?" Ray said in disbelief.

"That's harsh Norman." I muttered, silently pitying Emma.

Norman stood up abruptly, "N-NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN!"

"Hmm..? So what do you mean~"

"Huh? Ray what are you implying?"