「30」Dawn of a New Story

6/04/22
Wait im alive

—•—•—Due to the current absence of (Y/n), we will resume this story with Ray as our main subject

—•—•—
Due to the current absence of (Y/n), we will resume this story with Ray as our main subject.
This comes with its perks, trust me.
Ray's Story

The group found themselves in the deepest areas of the forest, with trees towering miles above their heads and mysterious creatures creeping and crawling into every nook and cranny.

Ray was doubtful that the world that his eyes were seeing was real. The sheer beauty was sure to make him think that he was walking in a dream. And he quite enjoyed it, walking in this forest like he was prancing around in a dream.

The only thing reminding him this was reality was the absence of someone who meant the world to him.

Though Ray wasn't the only one admiring the beauty of the forest. Looking around, he took note that the others were stunned at the sheer beauty of the place.

"They're huge..." Don marveled at the sight of the trees.

This forest was very different from the one they were in moments ago though. The trees were...significantly taller. The sight before Ray far exceeded what he had seen in picture books.

Plenty of things caught his eye, mostly the unfamiliar aspects of the thicket.

"!!"
Ray's eyes darted to the roots of a tree, "Did something just move?"

The constant walking accumulated quite a bit of tired children, so Emma proposed that the group take a rest and eat breakfast.

While all the kids sat together, laughing and smiling, Ray sat against a tree, just staring at his food.

"Chouchou, I wish you were here." He mumbled, looking up at the tall trees.

"Ray."

Startled, he may or may not have dropped his food all over the floor.

"Gah, Emma! Don't creep up on me like that." He grumbled moodily.

"Why aren't you sitting with the others Ray?"

"...I wanted some time to think about stuff."

As Emma realized what Ray was thinking about, a sad expression became present on her face.

"If it's about Y/n, you think she'd appreciate you moping around about her?" The girl spoke, "If I know her as well as I think I do, she'd appreciate you thinking about her but not feeling gloomy and lost because of her."