「23」It's Cute

06/14/21

I stopped in my tracks for a moment, which Sister Krone took notice of

I stopped in my tracks for a moment, which Sister Krone took notice of. To say the least, my sudden stop seemed to have intrigued her.

"Hey Sister, I have a question." I ask, still facing away from her.

I had a feeling Sister Krone wasn't too keen on helping Mama, she seemed to be operating behind her back. Looking into things I know damn well Mama wouldn't take the time to investigate.

"I know what you're doing. No need to hide it." I started. I notice the almost dead silent gasp she let out before composing herself.

"Oh? My I didn't expect someone who wasn't looking this whole time to be aware of my actions~ You truly are elite, you know?" Krone said with a grin, her head slightly tilted to her right.

I turned to face her, confidence seemed to manifest out of thin air.

"I already know that I'm elite, what I don't know however is the exact reason you're defying Mama. How about a truce?" An innocent aura filling the room because of my words, this situation began to work to my advantage.

Krone looked skeptical for a moment, looking as if she were evaluating my honesty.

"Why not? I believe you'll be able to help me anyways, Chouchou~"

Hearing her say the nickname Ray made for me roll off her tongue made my blood boil. Nonetheless, composure was key to gaining her trust, so I couldn't necessarily display my rage.

"Don't call me that please, I'm sure Ray already told you that. Second, I believe we both can benefit from this." It was true, we both could gain the upper hand if we had a common goal.

Sister Krone smiled softly, surprising because that was the first innocent smile I've seen her make.

"We would've been best friends if not for this crappy situation, you're the kind of person I like to hang out with."

I dismiss her words, but I won't deny that it made me feel special. I felt a brief moment of happiness but before I dismissed that, too.

I smile at her to ensure she understands that I appreciate her words.

"What is your goal? What are you hoping to gain from this?" I ask as I cross my arms.

She shifts her eyes from left to right before asking to talk in private. I nod, and we head upstairs.

I found myself in her room, but I wasn't particularly comfortable. I'm not a big fan of going into the rooms of people I don't exactly know well.

"So?"

She started speaking, the words leaving her mouth at a slow pace.

"I want to become a Mama, and this is my time to do it. Aiding your escape in secret will help ensure you succeed, resulting in Isabella's removal!"