「6」Breaking the Tension

2/02/21
If you haven't guessed it yet, this story (kinda) follows the original story, but it also doesn't? I'm adding my own twists and scenarios, I hope it won't make the story rival steaming crap.

(EDITED: yes I did take out the I)

"RAY DON'T SLAP ME WITH YOUR WET CLOTHES

"RAY DON'T SLAP ME WITH YOUR WET CLOTHES. IT HURTS!"

"Yeeeaaaah sure it does." He says sarcastically as he proceeds to hit me in the back of my head with his shirt.

I ran away from him, turning every corner in attempt to lose him. Ray however, refused to give up when it came to "playing around" with me.

"RAY STOP I'M SERIOUS."

The newly developed habit of me turning every corner ended up getting me into a pickle. I made a sharp left turn, right into the bedrooms.

"Well crap." I muttered, frantically glancing from side to side in hopes of finding an exit. Ray noticed this action, and used the situation to his advantage.

"Looks like you're stuck, (Y/n). What are you gonna do now?" A sinister grin spread across his face.

"I...uh.." I spoke. "I-I'll find a way out of here!"

Shortly after I realized, there was no escape. They only obvious way out was the door, which Ray was blocking purposefully. I felt a soft breeze tickle the back of my neck, and noticed the presence of a window behind me, unguarded.

"U-Um... ah..." I whimper, trying to distract Ray from noticing my escape.

"What's wrong? Can't find a way to escape? I thought you were smarter than this, (Y/n)."

He said my name. My whole name, pronounced perfectly and everything. He's serious, he's going to end my life if I don't get out of here.

I whipped my body around, unlocked the window, and jumped onto the tree right next to it.

"WHAT THE HECK?!" I heard my bed headed friend yell from the room.

"Ahaha sucker, didn't see that coming huh?" My taunts seemed to have riled him up, seeing that he also made his way out the window and onto the tree.

"Oh shoot, peace." I sprint to the forest, hoping to hide.

In that moment, I forgot it was 20 minutes until dinner. We weren't really supposed to be outside, but the situation can't be helped. I hid behind a bush, which was lined up with the clearing of the trees, allowing me to view the orange sky.

"Whoa..." I mused at the colors and the soft clouds floating in the sky.

A blue butterfly landed on my arm. Its wings were painted with a beautiful vibrant blue, which looked a little orange due to the color of the sky. Even for a moment, I felt peace. Peace that I could never obtain ever since Ray told me the secret. It's not his fault, in fact, I hope he finds this peace some day too.

I was lost in my thoughts and couldn't hear the sound of approaching footsteps. A hand grabbed my shoulder.

"UWAHHH!" I yelped in terror.

"Ah, (Y/n)? It's just us." Norman spoke, chuckling shortly after.

I looked behind him and saw that bright orange hair belonging to Emma.

"Oh hey, what are you guys doing out here?" I ask.

"We could ask you the same thing (Y/n)!" Emma replies gleefully. She proceeds to take a seat next to me by the bush. Norman follows shortly after.

"I was hiding from Ray." I internally cried remembering the reason why I was hiding in the first place.

We were silent for a minute.

"The sky is pretty, don't you agree?" Norman spoke up.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that." I reply, with my attention still turned to the sky.

"There's something about the sky that makes me feel free."

"I agree, it kinda symbolizes freedom!" Emma added, extending her arms to the sky.

"I hope that soon, we'll all be free."

That was what we all thought at that very moment.

"Hey." Another voice spoke.

"Huh?" I mumble. "OH NO NO NO."

I get up frantically, preparing to hide again when Ray grabbed my arm.

"It's okay, I give up."

"Eh?" Emma says with a dorky look on her face and her head tilted slightly.

"I never thought I'd hear those words come from Ray's mouth!" Norman teased, laughing after his sentence.

"O-OF COURSE NOT! THIS IS A ONE TIME THING!"

"Suuure~"

"I'M SERIOUS!"

This was like a memory that all four of us shared, we'd hide in the forest and mess around until we had to return to the house.

I edited it bc I can't even look at my writing when there's a typo ;-;