Shackled and Reliving

I can't believe I am writing the first chapter of the third book of my Grey's series! I just want to thank you all again for the constant support and love. I wouldn't be here if you all didn't enjoy Gen and her life as much I love writing it. Enjoy the first chapter and let me know what you think.

3rd Person POV

People are hounding Mark with questions, but he ignores them."I need to reduce his fracture spetum." Mark says as he tends to DeLuca.

"Mark." Ben makes his mentor look at him. "Are you okay?"

"I..." Mark is lost for words.

"Sloan, if you're not okay, I can page Avery." Bailey offers.

"I can do this." Mark assures everyone.

"Dude, if your heads not in this..."

"Bruising around the clavicle. There's an obvious deformity." Mark ignores Alex and informs everyone. "He broke it."

"All right, let's get a chest film." Alex says. "Start him up on Lorazepam drip."

"All right on my count. 1, 2, 3." Mark resets DeLuca's nose.

"C.T.'s ready."

"Alex." Meredith calls out to her person. "May I speak to you for a moment?"

"We ready to go?"

"I got it." Mark tells him.

"Alex?" Meredith calls out again.

"All right, let's go."

"Alex!" Meredith raises her voice.

"Dude, we got this." Ben tells him, and Alex has no choice but to follow Meredith outside.

"Say something." Meredith orders him.

"What do you want me to say?"

"You think no one is gonna realize this is you? Look at that hand. You could go to jail. This is assault. I'm a doctor, and I have a duty to report this to Bailey." Meredith tells him. Alex rubs his hands, knowing this all looks so bad.

"I came home. He was on top of her." Alex shares. "Jo was drunk." Meredith's facial expression softens. "He was...he... Mer, come on. You're gonna turn me into Bailey?" Meredith takes a moment to collect her thoughts. So many things are going through her head. The right and wrong is a blur to her when it comes to her people. People like Alex and Gen, who she would do anything for because they would do the same for her.

"You slipped in the rain. That's how you hurt your hand." Meredith instructs Alex with his lie. Alex nods his head. "And do not call Gen or Mark or..."

"Sloan regained his memory." Alex blurts out.

"What? When?"

"Like a few minutes ago. He...I paged him for a consult, and he...he just stared blankly at DeLuca, and then he said he remembers everything."

"Does Gen know?"

"I haven't had a chance to tell anyone. You're the first."

"Uh..." Meredith paces, trying to think of something. "Just keep low and...I will check on Mark and inform Gen."

"Should I tell her about..."

"No!" She yells. "Do not involve her. Uh...I got to go." Meredith turns away, needing to get more information but is stopped by Maggie calling to her.

"Mer, hey. Have you seen Andrew? I heard it's bad." Maggie says to her. "They said it's bad."

"They're taking him to C.T." Meredith answers.