April's Challenge

I'm watching season 14-16 of Grey's and the whole insurance thing was so dumb. They have enough money to pay for that child's surgery. Committing insurance fraud and a bunch of other felonies was so dumb of Meredith.

Gen's POV

I knock on April's door waiting for her to answer since missed meeting me at the park with Harriet. I bounce Ellie on my hip while Alexia continues to smell the flowers April has planted. I knock again needing to make sure April is okay. "April? Are you in there? It's Gen. You didn't show up at the park and I got worried." I call out. "April, I have a key and I will come in..." The door is ripped open and a disheveled-looking April glares at me.

"What's your problem?" She snaps at me.

"You're the one who invited me and the girls to go to the park with you and Harriet." I answer her.

"Well, it's too early to go to the park and..."

"It's 2 in the afternoon." I remind her and she looks at me shocked.

"Oh...well...I...Harriet's with Jackson right now anyway."

"How about you come with me to the park anyway." I instruct her.

"I'm not dressed."

"So get dressed."

"I..."

"April either you get dressed on your own or I'll do it for you." I threaten her.

"Your kids are here."

"And I help dress them so don't make me do it to you too." I stand firm.

"Fine."

"Be ready in five or I'm coming up."

"Mama, I thought we would be playing with Harriet?" Alexia says to me.

"Not today honey, but you and Ellie can play together." I try and reason with her.

"I wanted to see Harriet." Alexia whines.

"Mama." Ellie joins in now in whining.

"Girls, this is not the time."

"I want to go now."

"Alexia, we will go in a minute. We're waiting for Aunt April."

"Where is she?" Alexia asks as she places her face on the window. The door opens and a less disheveled April comes out.

"Let's go."

"I'm driving." I tell her as I motion for her to follow me to the car.

"I don't even remember telling you about having a park date." April says.

"We've had it on the calendar for weeks." I remind her.

"I would remember if..." April looks at her phone. "Oh there...park with Gen and kids at..."

"Noon." I tell her.

"Sorry, I've just been dealing with a lot of things and...sorry." I pull into the park. April helps me get the girls out of their car seats. She holds Alexia's hand while I carry Ellie in my arms.

"I understand. Girls, do we like this?" I ask.

"Yes!" They both shout. I put Ellie down on the ground and Alexia reaches for her sister's hand and helps her waddle towards the spray park.

"No running girls." I remind them.

"We won't." Alexia replies as she helps her sister collect water in a bucket.