Post Op Daze

I hope you all enjoy this fun new update.

Gen's POV

"You spoke to Amelia?" Arizona asks me as I carry Theo in my arms to our car.

"Yes, in French."

"She is only speaking French?"

"Yup. Thankfully Lexie and Koracick assure us this is normal. Mark is staying with her, so there will be someone she knows and understands French." I explain.

"That's nice of him. And is it just you and the kids?" Arizona asks.

"I have our nanny at home with Davina, Alexia, Everett, and Ellie." I answer.

"I should have gotten a nanny for Sofia."

"Every working parent needs a nanny. We can't do it all, and it's nice to know there is someone reliable to care for your kid." I explain; we stop as we spot April just lying on a bed.

"Oh, what is..."

"Let's check on her." I lead Arizona and me to April. "Hey. You okay?" I get April's attention. She lets out a big sigh.

"I don't have Harriet tonight. I have trouble going home when I don't have Harriet."

"Do the beds have new sheets?" I ask April, and she nods her head. I lay Theo down and placed a blanket over him.

"I remember that." Arizona shares as she pulls up a chair for us. "It's really hard. At first."

"At first?" April asks.

"Yeah, eventually, you have a new normal. You know, eventually, you...you miss her on the nights that you don't have her, but you know that she's somewhere safe and loved, and the ache is just less." Arizona explains. "Any then maybe some new grown-up fun comes into your life." April just scoffs at her comment. "And maybe there's some joy in that."

"I don't want a new normal." April clarifies. Arizona nods her head and motions for April to scoot over, and they both lay on the bed together. "Don't you have hot Italian sex waiting for you?"

"I do." Arizona confirms with a smile.

"New plan. We're having lady's night." I announce.

"Ladies...but you have Theo..."

"And I will just drop him off at the house and tuck him into bed. And Alex owes me some babysitting time, so..." I pull out my phone and dial his number. "Hey."

"What's up?"

"Can you watch the kids for the night? I'm taking April and Arizona out."

"Yeah. I'm already at your house."

"Perfect. I'm dropping Theo off, and he can get himself ready for bed, and Gail should have already put the other kids to bed." I explain.

"I've watched your kids before, Gen. I got this." Alex assures me.

"Great. See you soon." I clap my hands. "Lady's night with dinner and drinks?" I ask April and Arizona.

"Did...did I hear that Alex is already at your house?" Arizona asks.

"Yeah, we have good food always, and he loves to eat." I explain.

"Oh...are you sure about this?" April asks.

"Yes, now get your things; we have a lot of time to make up for." I announce. I shake Theo lightly awake. "Hey, baby, wake up."

"Are we home?" He asks.

"No, but you're going to have a night with Uncle Alex."

"Yay!" He shouts.

"Shh." He hops down from the bed. Will you help me change the sheets?"