Coming Clean

I can't wait for you all to read what I have planned for the end of season 13.

3rd Person POV

"So, Nathan and I...we are becoming a couple. I think. I don't know. But you're my sister, and I wanted to tell you because I don't want it to come between us. Oh, she's gonna hate me." Meredith sighs.

"It's not horrible." Lexie lies.

"It sucks." Alex tells Meredith. They head to the kitchen to make the kids lunch.

"It has taken me a long time to tell you. Attraction is messy. It grabs you when you least expect it. Of course, this isn't what I wanted." Ellis fuses in Alex's arms while Lexie helps get Bailey and Zola ready.

"We got to go." Alex reminds them.

"Okay." Meredith hops into the driver's seat and heads to work. "And in the end, what really matters is that we care about each other, which will never change. How's that sound?" Meredith asks Alex and Lexie. Lexie and Alex share a look knowing that Meredith's statement she wants to give to Maggie is crap.

"Forced." Alex tells her.

"Awkward and impersonal." Lexie adds.

"Well, it sounds forced because I'm a horrible person." Meredith says.

"You slept with Riggs before knowing Maggie liked him." Lexie reminds her sister. "In the fairness of sisters, this is not bad. Molly was so mad at me for stealing her shirt when we were like in middle school that the next day she cut a chunk of my hair. I had a bald spot for weeks." Lexie shares.

"Would Maggie do that to me?" Meredith asks.

"No." Lexie says but then thinks about it.

"Lexie!"

"We're adults. Adults don't do that." Lexie lies.

"You could use the plane. Near-death experience, that's a good excuse." Alex adds.

"Lie? Your advice is to lie?" Meredith questions him.

"Planes have taken a lot from you." Alex points out.

"That is true. Pulling the one-arm card. Planes took more from me." Lexie reminds everyone.

"When have they ever given you something good?" Alex asks Meredith.

"Gave me a hospital. I mean, it happened before I even knew she liked him, you know? Like Lexie said, that is not a bad sister." Meredith defends.

"So, if you know that, why is this eating you up?" Lexie asks.

"Well...because it happened again. I just...I don't know. I don't even know how it got this far." Meredith sighs.

"Well, he lost his wife; you lost your husband. Look, if you don't want to lie, just be vague. No details. Like Little Grey said, you're both adults. She can take it." Alex exclaims to Meredith. "Less is more."

"What if she hates me?" Meredith asks.

"She's not gonna hate you." Alex and Lexie tell her.

"And I called it off, and I kept it off until I couldn't anymore. And I'm really very, very sorry." Meredith rehearses in the women's restroom mirror while Alex, Lexie, and Gen watch on.

"That's the one." Gen and Alex tell Meredith. Maggie enters the bathroom.

"I have been looking everywhere for you." Maggie exclaims with a shirt in her hands. "You're in the ladies' room." She looks at Alex.

"So?" Alex and Gen ask.

"Show me your teeth." Maggie asks Meredith. She does. "All clear. Okay, so this is the shirt you like. I brought it because I knew you would forget it." Meredith is sweating at the fear of Maggie finding out.