Things Are Falling Apart

Thank you for the support on all my books. I want to warn you all there is a trigger warning in this chapter that mentions suicide so if you want to skip that part please go past **** until the next break.

Gen's POV

"Dr. Warren, would you like to perform the next step?" I ask Ben as we're in the middle of a fetal surgery.

"How about letting Dr. Brown try." I look up to find someone I don't know entering my O.R. with Dr. Brown right behind her.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask as I focus back on my patient.

"Dr. Eliza Minnick, and you're familiar with Dr. Brown."

"Vaguely

"Vaguely." I answer. "Dr. Warren, it's your turn."

"I think Dr. Brown would benefit from this procedure." Dr. Minnick blocks Warren from performing the next move.

"Is that what you think?"

"Yes. I know we haven't fully been introduced. I'm the new resident educational director."

"That must be a boring job." I comment as I shove her out of the way. "Warren dissect the tissue in a medial angle." I instruct.

"But Dr. Brown would be much better fit for..."

"Dr. Minnick, this is my O.R. where Dr. Warren has his hands in a pregnant woman's uterus. A uterus that is friable due to the high-risk pregnancy she is carrying. A pregnancy that will not only end her life but her unborn children if anyone less specialized than me or anyone I don't deem worthy touches her. Now back the fuck off, my patient, or I will have you removed from my O.R."

"There is no need for foul..."

"Dr. Warren, do you have this?" I ask my resident.

"Yes, Dr. Benoist." I nod my head trusting Warren as this is not his first procedure with me.

"Dr. Brown, tell me the first step in a fetoscopic laser surgery." I order out.

"The first step is to insert the fetoscope into the u

"The first step is to insert the fetoscope into the u..."

"Wrong."

"No, that's..."